Cowon Plenue D
Feb 2, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #1,066 of 4,949
Dear All, 

First post here and love this forum. I'm no audiophile but love to listen to music. My current gear (ipod shuffle and sony XB90) is nothing to shout about. I quite like the current sound from the shuffle and XB90 and want to know your opinion on the sound signature of the Plenue D and the XB90 combination. I use the Jet Audio player on the PC and like the ability to play around with the equalizer and the presets. 

Thank you.
A very good match. I have two 90exs and the Plenue D.

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #1,068 of 4,949
T
Do you have or still own an ipod shuffle? How is the sound compared to the Plenue D.

Thanks again.
To be honest I bought a Nano and I literally put it in the garbage can. Since that I have never owned a ipod or iphone. I did have many daps.

Feb 2, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #1,069 of 4,949
  Do you have or still own an ipod shuffle? How is the sound compared to the Plenue D.

Thanks again.

The Plenue D will a big step up compared to the shuffle. IMO the shuffle lacks quite a bit in every aspect compared to any high end DAP. Comparing with the plenue D, the first thing you would notice is the cleaner sound and the vastly increased dynamic range along with the increased soundstage height and width. In case you get a plenue D just play around with the EQ, its quite something special. I have a FiiO X3, HM 601LE and the ihifi 770 but the Plenue easily beats them all once you figure out the EQ that is right for you.

Feb 2, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #1,070 of 4,949
  i don't see that issue on my machine sorry. Anyway, about the battery meter, it's gone for now. I think it's just a glitch after the firmware update. 
Thanks every1

glad that your problem is resolved

i went to exchange my faulty set, its charging right now as i post this

its weird that the saleman in my country still recommend 5hrs of charging for new device

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,071 of 4,949
  glad that your problem is resolved

i went to exchange my faulty set, its charging right now as i post this

its weird that the saleman in my country still recommend 5hrs of charging for new device

fingers crossed this time
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #1,076 of 4,949
Okay but I want to know more about the amp section, between the D and X5II which one drives headphone better?
What daps you have and which headphones you going to use?

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #1,078 of 4,949
For IEM I use SHure SE215 and ATH CK90

Headphone is ATH MSR7 32 Ohm, I'm looking to buy some hifiman's in the future

With MSR7, I use the x5II on high gain at 65~75/120 steps.
Im using harder to drive iems and the D pushes them with ease. I am not familiar with your headphones.

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #1,079 of 4,949
Does anyone know if the English manual is available anywhere online? I couldn't find it on Cowonglobal.

I might get it tomorrow but do they have another case than the official leather one? I like TPU cases better but didn't find any on Ebay.

Thanks!

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #1,080 of 4,949

Users who are viewing this thread

Back