Cowon Plenue D
Jan 4, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #4,899 of 4,949
I would recommend HiBy DAPs. Their MSEB is a piece of nice software. I own R3 Pro and love it. For a proce you could get R5 or even R6.
or the R2 for a device similar in size to the PD

Attachments

• 1609739701121794232209.jpg
    1609739701121794232209.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 160973993465152404999.jpg
    160973993465152404999.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 4, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #4,900 of 4,949
or the R2 for a device similar in size to the PD
Thanks for all the suggestions here! @bachankas @Barndoor thx for the Hiby recommendation + pics!! You got me really considering hiby DAPs.

CMIIW but probably the R2/3 aren’t as good as the PD (size aside) correct ?
So perhaps the R6 or the R5 saber is something I should look into, I’ll just have to read up on how they compare to Fiio M11 and the like.

Whats your take on how jet effect BBE+ compares to Hibys’ MSEB ?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #4,901 of 4,949
The R2 is a Christmas present for one of my sons.
I've not used it much, but my initial impression was that it sounded pretty good.
Would need to do a lot more comparing of the two to say which sounds better, however my gut feel is that the R2 is on par with the Pd if not better.

I've never been convinced by BBE (on the Pd or P1). Turning it on boosts the volume which can give the impression that it is improving the sound.
I've not tried Hiby's MSEB.

Feb 17, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #4,902 of 4,949
I'm a long time lurker on this thread and thanks too all with you knowledge, it has helped me a ton!
special thanks to @Brucebenner for his tweaked BBE settings, they're just amazing!

Question: My PD broke down after 1.5 years of use ( got credited back $179.99 from amex + 4179.88 from amazon so essentially i was paid $179.99 for a year of usage, not bad mind you ; ) ) and i'm looking for a new DAP which wont disappoint me after being used to the Jet effect /BBE settings.

Which DAP-any company- would you guys recommend in the sub $400 area which will be as good as using Bruces' settings on the PD

Thanks
Thats funny, they had my Plenue D since September 4th last year... i always inquired with Jet Audio, and always got a Generic Response... "
Hi!

We’ll check it out and get back to you.

Regards,

JetAudio, Inc
www.jetaudio.com"

only later to confirm its been sent to Headquarters...

then in December I get ahold of Cowon, and they kinda seem like they are gonna get involved... nothing... now its Feb 17th and all I get is a Paypal invoice for 89$ with the description "main board needs replacing" 😂😂😂 talk about some horrible CS!!! I think I am gonna keep my money and find either A. A used Plenue D2 or B. Get a Sony DAP instead!

May 27, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #4,903 of 4,949
Has anyone had their plenue D just die... mine wont take a charge, wont respond to the -/+ reset... just dead. Had it since they came out. I put it on the USB charger, nothing, on the laptop - nothing.
Yep. Mine bricked. I tried all the button combinations and letting the battery run down. The screen is frozen. The only that does anything is the volume number responds to the volune buttons but thats it. The place thatis meant to service them doesn't even respond to emails.

Jul 8, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #4,905 of 4,949
Hi guys, is there something new for the plenue d or nothing's changed ?
It's been a while i haven't used it and today after switched it on, the cons, mainly the UI, jumped to my face...It is a very nice well made dap, but UI comes from another time, with almost no possibilities to improve the experience.
For example, is there a way in 2021 to avoid the update database when switch on ? It takes 40 seconds to mine to get ready to play (sandisk 64go inside). I know that the sleep mode can avoid that, but it kills the battery life. So I won't use this mode as I don't use my dap everyday.
Is there a way in 2021 to merge the internal memory with the memory card when using the folder library ? Would be so cool...
Is there a mean in 2021 to disable the buttons for a while, like a "Hold button", it is so annoying to grab the dap in the pocket and push a button at the same time, going backward or stopping the play or whatever else.
Funny to think that the older D2 can do all that...
:ksc75smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back