1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cowon Plenue D

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by aerosatan, Nov 30, 2015.
First

Back
286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295
297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306
Next

Last
  1. Nebucatnetzer
    Well and honestly budget is IMO the wrong word here.
    It's a device which costs more than 180$ and was much more expensive when it came out.
    And for that money it has to do a single job. You can get a smartphone for that price and it can play music plus a thousand other things.
    Sure it might not be a great smartphone but I think you get the point.

Don't get me wrong, it does a great job with playing music and the very long battery life but it could such a better device if the software was just a little bit better:
    - a less lagy interface
    - The ability to add a song to the currently playing queue
    - a less buggy way to handle playlists created on a PC(never got them to work)
    - maybe better default equalizer settings
    - the music stops playing when you delete a file
    - sometimes it "forgets" the files on the sd card which requires a reboot

sleepingawake likes this.
  2. iJay
    I just snagged a PD from the used forum. I will get it Thursday and pretty pumped. WAV tagging and playlists are my big wants, and battery life is great too! It’ll be interesting coming from a Z2 Plenue.

3. iJay
    PD is a nice little player.
    WAV tagging - check
    Playlists - check
    EQ - check

Yeah, pretty happy!

4. ShreyasMax
  5. technobear
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-cowon-v.873597/

6. gemmoglock
    Hi everyone, is Plenue D still a good buy today?

I am cross shopping this with Hiby R3, Onkyo DP-S1, Pioneer XDP-30R.

I'm a simple guy, I don't need wireless bluetooth, DSP, line out, sexy interfaces. I just need a good 3.5 output playing FLACs/MP3s (no DSDs) and listen to anything from classical music to rock, jazz, EDM and pop >> so if the sound is coloured or lacking extension please let me know!

I am pairing with the Pinnacle PX which is identical to P1 at 50ohms and 96db/mW sensitivity. Will the Cowon be able to drive these?

Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    iJay likes this.
  7. iJay
    I’m along the same lines, deciding between R3 and Plenue D. Ultimately went with PD due to battery life and my like of Cowon Sound. I’m not dissatisfied at all and very glad I purchased. Simple to use/navigate, Sound is good and battery life is stellar. I have only tried my Monk+ and KCS75 but I haven’t gone over volume-60 with either. Hope that helps!

8. gemmoglock
    Thanks! Hmm choices, choices....

9. oneula
    someone gave me a Cowon D2 years ago as a throw away
    It's like over 10 years old but gives my Plenue D a run for the money especially since it was free
    The D2 with its Jet Effect set at BBE3 with the Monk Plus's is a perfect EDC for me

nick n and iJay like this.
  10. mdtolic
    I've been wondering where most folks have their volume set at?

11. iJay
    I’m actually a low-level listener so 30-40 is fairly average for me.

mdtolic likes this.
  12. joysofjoyc4
    It seems my IEMs aren't so power-consuming, since I never go beyond 6-7 with them, even in the street. The same applies to my AKG K550s - never crossed 20 at the scale. Lol, my hearing must be magnificent

13. Mython Contributor
    Yeah I listen lying down, too

iJay likes this.
  14. mdtolic
    Do you have your EQ really tweaked? I'm asking because I've recently been playing with the EQ again and went back to a less aggressive setting with only a slight V. (My old iPod Classic was always EQ off.) In doing so I have to bump my volume up from 45/50 to over 60. The US firmware temporarily stops the volume from going past 60 to "prevent hearing damage" unless you manually hit "OK". I don't think I've ever gone past 65 but it made me wonder what levels others were at and then about my own hearing :wink:

15. Nebucatnetzer
    With my in-ears (Etymötic HF5) I have the volume set to 20-30. Usually 30 because I use them during my commute and this way I don't hear a thing.
    With my Sennheiser HD25-II I set the volume to 30-40.

First

Back
286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295
297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306
Next

Last