1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cowon Plenue D

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by aerosatan, Nov 30, 2015.
First

Back
273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282
284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293
Next

Last
  1. technobear
    It is broken. Send it back for a replacement.

2. technobear
    So, COWON, when can we expect the Plenue D to handle 200 GB micro SD cards properly?

3. ElKabong
    I wish, i converted all my flac files to 320 mp3's to maximize what little space this unit has. I like the battery life of the D, i have a couple other players that afford me
    the capacity i want, but figured that firmware would get to the point of allowing more than 128gb sd card on this, but i quit holding out hope.

4. ukie
    Has anyone found a suitable small carry pouch for the player? I had a golla one that fit and ipod classic perfectly, but it's too big for the plenue D. I'm not talking about the blue leather case from cowon, just something else. :)

5. John2e Contributor
    Hi

I just purchased the D for my nephew. I inserted a 128 gb sd card which I had used in my Fiio. The Plenue Does not seem to recognize it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I still have the box and can return it if need be. This was purchased on a whim for him. I love my Plenue S and hoped the D would operate and perform similar to how it does. Did I make a good choice assuming I can get it to recognize my files ??

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  6. rr12267
    The SD card needs to be formatted fat32 with either 32k or 64k block size. I believe the manual states which to use. I can't specifically remember the actual size but I believe I used 32k.

7. John2e Contributor
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Can someone please tell me how to format it . I assume I use the player itself? My instructions seem to be somewhat limited and extremely tiny print size for my aging eyes :)

8. John2e Contributor
    I did a search and you tube has something though I am blocked at work. I am using a Mac. This seems a little complicated anyone return the D and get an X-5 II ???

9. LCMusicLover
    I followed these instructions and my card worked with no problems afterwards.

Many others have posted about this over the life of this thread. I've never seen any posts suggesting the steps listed didn't solve the problem.

I'm sorry that I don't have any idea how you can get this done on a Mac. Perhaps you have a friend or co-worker with a Windows machine. The whole process took me less than 10 minutes.

As far as switching to X5ii, that's a good player, but nowhere near the battery life of the PD. All depends on what your nephew values.

10. John2e Contributor
    Thanks everyone

11. MementoMori99
    Excuse my ignorance, but can balanced headphone cables be used with the PD? Thank you.

12. LCMusicLover
    Not without an adapter. Headphone jack on PD is 3.5mm TRS

13. MementoMori99
    Thank you.

14. Weaves
    Not sure what you are thinking Memento, but the Plenue D does NOT have balanced output. So, even an adapter would not give you balanced out. Unless that is the only cable you have and you just want to connect to the D.

15. MementoMori99
    M

My mistake. Thanks for setting the record straight.

First

Back
273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282
284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293
Next

Last