1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cowon Plenue D

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by aerosatan, Nov 30, 2015.
First

Back
210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
Next

Last
  1. fl4viomc
    Right in this moment I'm copying the Pink Floyd's Pulse album (that plays gapless perfectly on internal memory) to SD. Shall see in a moment and post it here.
    There's a small chance of little gaps comming from Dire Straits files. Maybe because they were not ripped correctly or something... thanks in advance.

2. fl4viomc
    Ok. Just confirmed. 24/192 FLAC files get gaps on SD. I'm pretty sure it's a buffering bug, if not a hardware limitation.
    Checked 16/96 FLACs. I've got some bugs on album cover also on SD card. (Always have used Mp3Tag)

This let me think about another conclusion: did I messed up my SD speed when formatted? Is this really possible? To mess SD speed only formating somehow?

[​IMG]

3. daijobudes
    It's probably due to either one of 2:
    1) Format your card in FAT32
    2) double check speed of reading on your SD, check if it's SD-XC or HC
    You'd probably better get sandisk 128gb, works fine with mine Plenue D,
    cheers!

4. HiFiChris Contributor

I know that Trinity Audio Engineering have them.

5. fl4viomc
    Yup.. Formatted in FAT32, Kingston 128gb SD-XC..

6. davidcotton

How are you copying the files?  Player connected via the pc/mac, or by memory card reader?

7. fl4viomc
    Player connected via the pc..

I've been thinking about formatting SD again, but maybe it's a waste of time. I think I need more talk about FLAC formats welcome and not welcome by the Plenue D.

8. kfarndog
    While you most certainly can transfer music via the player, it certainly isn't swift if you are moving a significant number of files.  A card reader could ease your pain in moving a volume of files.  All dependent on the speed of the reader or USB on your PC.

I have always used dbpoweramp for my FLAC and works like a charm on the D (and other players).  16 bit and 192/24 FLAC work fine for me, so I am guessing tag problem.  Foobar, for instance, depending on settings, can add many tags to your files which can cause problems.

9. fl4viomc
    Right. Well, I'm moving 27 files max at once, speed: 3,16Mb/s.

I don't know. There aren't many tags on files: Title/Artist/Album/Year/Track number/Genre/Album Artist/Album cover and that's it.

I can give another guess: could it be the JetEffect itself? I use a custom setting.. Just.. naah... don't think so.

10. leo5111
    ok so i got my  D, where can i get latest firmware? and how do i update it? says im on 1.11 thanks

11. fl4viomc
    www.cowonglobal.com and be happy.

12. Vitor Valeri

Here: http://www.cowonglobal.com/support/support_main.php

13. Vitor Valeri

I tested here with the album "Dave Brubeck - Time Out" (FLAC 24bits/192KHz) and did not detect any click.

14. fl4viomc

ok. I'll listen to my files very closely without skipping and see if I can get any clues. Thanks a lot, you all.

15. ZerkMeister
    Didnt see anywhere of them selling that adapter separately. I know that it comes with their ear buds though. What other method do you recommend to obtain that one?

First

Back
210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
Next

Last