Cowon Plenue D
Apr 25, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #2,326 of 4,949
yes but curious what others think since this is subjective.maybe the next time i try i can look out for certain things :p
I love the PD,I like its sound, size,battery,EQ but the M and P1 sound wise are a step up. A bit more refined and wider sound stage. Funny thing is Im usually taking the PD with me.

Apr 25, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #2,327 of 4,949
I love the PD,I like its sound, size,battery,EQ but the M and P1 sound wise are a step up. A bit more refined and wider sound stage. Funny thing is Im usually taking the PD with me.
same

Apr 25, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #2,329 of 4,949
How is the Plenue D paired with a pair of VE Monks and the Fiio EM3?
A great pairing. Well the PD pretty much matches with most if not all iems.

Apr 25, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #2,330 of 4,949
  How is the Plenue D paired with a pair of VE Monks and the Fiio EM3?

I've got about 15 pairs of earbuds inc Monks, Asura, Zen and Fiio EM3 and the Plenue D pairs well with all of them. With the Cowon eq settings you can get back some of that bass that is often missing with earbuds. I prefer my plenue D over my ibasso DX90 when listening to my buds

Apr 25, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #2,331 of 4,949
Thanks for the response guys :) I had a sansa clip zip which was rockboxed, but unfortunately i lost it at the gym and decided it was time for an upgrade. I was considering the Hidizs AP 100, Fiio X3 2ii, XDuoo X3 (especially as it now has rockbox support) and the Shanling M2.

After much reading, I've decided on the Plenue D, main reasons being battery life and the amount of positive reviews i've read about the device. I would of ideally preferred physical buttons for everything.when it comes to navigation and especially after reading the touch interface can be a bit iffy from time to time, but hey ho, i can live with that.

Apr 25, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #2,333 of 4,949
Thanks for the response guys :) I had a sansa clip zip which was rockboxed, but unfortunately i lost it at the gym and decided it was time for an upgrade. I was considering the Hidizs AP 100, Fiio X3 2ii, XDuoo X3 (especially as it now has rockbox support) and the Shanling M2.

After much reading, I've decided on the Plenue D, main reasons being battery life and the amount of positive reviews i've read about the device. I would of ideally preferred physical buttons for everything.when it comes to navigation and especially after reading the touch interface can be a bit iffy from time to time, but hey ho, i can live with that.
It does have some physical buttons on the side. Also the X3 (original) is great for the gym.

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #2,336 of 4,949
Just had a 10 hour commute round trip. The Plenue D turned my day from an arduous chore into a joyous adventure
atsmile.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #2,340 of 4,949
It's not that bad. I'm semi-retired now but I had to visit a retainer client. I think I built the day up to be really torrid and it jumped up and bit my bum. I put The Best Of Nina Simone on then went into Metal mode, I did most of the work before I got there. I didn't even miss Mrs T and I can't stand being away from her. I love the way music just melts away time
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back