Cowon Plenue D
Mar 29, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #2,046 of 4,944
don't cowon players recognise and display cover art if you name the file "cover.jpg" and put it in the particular folder? at least my old D2 acted like this... on my PD im not using untagged files so i cant say for sure...

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #2,047 of 4,944
  don't cowon players recognise and display cover art if you name the file "cover.jpg" and put it in the particular folder? at least my old D2 acted like this... on my PD im not using untagged files so i cant say for sure...

When it came stock I saw the album art in a different folder: System/MusicDB named ab_0.jpg, ab_1.jpg, ab_2.jpg for the sample songs that came loaded on, but I'm not sure how it links to the music file, it may not even be linking. I think they are embedded in the .flac music file as when I view the tag of the song they are in the .flac file. I suspect that folder is using them for the viewing of albums that link to the artist when doing the viewing artist mode, I'm not sure, guessing.

I am group tagging and checking in bulk all my music which is faster anyways, at least for me it is, keeping it all in one folder and making the art part of the file so cover art issues should not happen and if missing is easy to fix. Yes it's more work but a permanent simple solution. 

Just FYI: I deleted all the songs and the album art and manuals but no before copying them to a USB drive. 

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #2,048 of 4,944
I would advice you to try out those players if possible.

If you are not the type that likes to play with EQ... I would recommend Fiio.

For me X5II on high gain alone drive my headphone very well without any AMP. The details and smoothness all well presented and not sharp to listen on high volume.

Before I decided on my X5II... I audited AK Jr, DX80, Cayin N5 and several other players, about 10 before I reached conclusion.

It's funny when you found a combo that sound will makes you feel excited, your heart race and have goosebumps listening to it.

I am deffo not the type to play around with Eq... so leaning towards the Fiio at the moment, if I can get the chance I will try some players out though - thanks, look forward to trying to find the magic combo :)

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #2,050 of 4,944
  anyone can share a thought about PD againts the sony zx100??

There's plenty, use 'search this thread' and sony zx100
happy_face1.gif

Mar 30, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #2,052 of 4,944
I've spent the last 3 weeks updating all my music catalog with MP3Tag, I finally switched on the PD yesterday and all my ALAC files don't seem to have a cover and some are coming up with unknown. I'm devastated 
etysmile.gif

I've decided to add audiobooks to the PD and music to the sdcard and i'll just navigate the sd card like I did the J3. I actually find it easier to navigate that way. 

I'm very impressed with the PD, it seems to me like the perfect mix of the M2 and J3. I don't think there is a massive difference (sound wise) between the M2 and P2. But it's hard to tell as I've upgraded my headphones.

What jeteffect settings are everyone using? I've been playing around with the settings although I haven't got a clue what I'm doing.

I've been using these 2 since the J3

EQ: 7,-1,5,8,9
80Hz 220Hz 1.4kHz 3.0khz 11.7khz
Wide,Normal,Narrow, Normal,Wide
BBE+:
BBE: 10
Mach3Bass: 6
3D Surround: 3
MP Enhance: On
Reverb: Off

and

EQ: 7,-1,5,6,7
BBE+:
Mach3Bass: 8
3D Surround: 2

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #2,053 of 4,944
  I've spent the last 3 weeks updating all my music catalog with MP3Tag, I finally switched on the PD yesterday and all my ALAC files don't seem to have a cover and some are coming up with unknown. I'm devastated 
etysmile.gif

I've decided to add audiobooks to the PD and music to the sdcard and i'll just navigate the sd card like I did the J3. I actually find it easier to navigate that way. 

I'm very impressed with the PD, it seems to me like the perfect mix of the M2 and J3. I don't think there is a massive difference (sound wise) between the M2 and P2. But it's hard to tell as I've upgraded my headphones.

What jeteffect settings are everyone using? I've been playing around with the settings although I haven't got a clue what I'm doing.

I've been using these 2 since the J3

EQ: 7,-1,5,8,9
BBE+:
Mach3Bass: 6
3D Surround: 3

and

EQ: 7,-1,5,6,7
BBE+:
Mach3Bass: 8
3D Surround: 2

Curious as to what format you have the audiobooks in.  Is it m4b (apple, as you mention alac) or mp3?  Just asking as I think ipods are the only ones that play m4b format unless others know differently?  If cowon does play it I would be interested to know.

Thanks

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #2,054 of 4,944
Curious as to what format you have the audiobooks in.  Is it m4b (apple, as you mention alac) or mp3?  Just asking as I think ipods are the only ones that play m4b format unless others know differently?  If cowon does play it I would be interested to know.

Thanks

Luckily my audio books are all in mp3 as i ripped most of them. I have no idea about m4b.

My music collection is in flac, mp3 and alac. It looks like it's only the alac's that are the problem. I've checked the ID tags on JetAudio and all look good. I'll cry if I've got to recode 500 albums.

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #2,055 of 4,944
Has anyone had the opportunity to compare the Plenue D against the LG V10 in terms of quality, sound signature and output power? I'm considering something a little more palm-friendly with some physical buttons for certain circumstances. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back