Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Feb 28, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #50 of 1,024
AKM dac are generally warm sounding. To be honest I am glad they moved away from BB. I like my AKM sound.
I like the AKM sound in the AK380 and the BB sound in the LPG. Honestly the BB in the LPG and in the P1 are opposites so I guess implementation is key. In any case their house sound is warm, but for instance the WM1Z is same and still works for me. I just hope for more clarity in the mids than the P1 (from memory).

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #51 of 1,024
when will this beats be released and how much will it be

I am buying this blindly :)

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #52 of 1,024
Feb 28, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #53 of 1,024
I am so glad I resisted any temptation to buy a new dap as I am a core fan of cowon daps and the 2 will be my new dap

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #55 of 1,024
Change the design change the dac but same specs same performance. This is marketing. I guess It will not sound better than the P1.

That is my thought too. The Burr Brown was to be the "Best in the world" now it's not anymore? Jeeze. And I now wonder who will get this and compare to the P1 to distinguish if it's really worth $1000 over the P1 or just a side grade?

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #56 of 1,024
One must buy all Cowons, it makes life more simple. ☺

For sure. I'm definitely in.

I don't want to lead anything here anymore...my temper always gets the best of me when...original characters come into play.

Don't let certain people get to you. You offer a lot, to a lot of people. I definitely appreciate your feedback. You were one of the first people to offer me sound advice when I joined here.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #57 of 1,024
my thought is like this on cowon daps, they truly offer best options for people who are into eq and customization for a good price and the end end result is getting among the best sound quality you can get from a dap whether with eq or no eq depending on your preference

their flagship cowon plenue s started selling around 1700 USD, so I at least respect that they do not go insane with their pricing like sony or ak daps

so for me I am all in, and I have never been let down by any of the cowon daps I owned, even their cowon d sounds good, while another dap company which makes their flagship that cost 2 times more is history in books and I will never ever spend such money on that company again for such insane price

well what I do not like about cowon is simply they do not interact at all here as if they do not give a dam about forums like HF

I call out cowon for offering the best custom dap that you can enjoy to the fullest whether in pure no eq mode or in total balsitic eq mode

and for me personally until I see that dam recording companies and engineers stop screwing up recordings I have to rely on eq as most of the music quality simply sucks without eq

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #58 of 1,024
I thought this was an upgrade to the S. So, it's an upgrade to the P1? Not sure what that will mean... But if it sounds "better" than the P1, it will sound better than the S, IMHO they sound the same.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #59 of 1,024
So far i am underwhelmed with this. 

Sound -> who knows right now. But given cost of this item, you would have to have headphones to match to make any increase in quality matter to you. 

But:

-> Battery Life? Who knows right now. again. But if this is another < 10h player, i don't see a reason yet to upgrade.
-> Memory? Sorry, my p1 has the same amount. And that one is almost full, i want more. For that price, go, add another 100$ and give me at least 512 internal
-> USB2? Still? Got, 2001 is back with a vengeance.

To make this item interesting, USB-C with higher transfer speeds, longer lasting battery and more internal memory. Otherwise, as long as i am not getting a better portable headphone than the t5ps i am using, i won't see a reason to upgrade. 

Otherwise, yeah, it might sound a tad different, but it does not mean it will sound better than the p1. 

Frank

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #60 of 1,024
I thought this was an upgrade to the S. So, it's an upgrade to the P1? Not sure what that will mean... But if it sounds "better" than the P1, it will sound better than the S, IMHO they sound the same.

It's a new flagship, just at a cheaper price.

P2 is just a name and one way to look at is a new line up based on a more modern dac chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back