COWON O2 now available in the US
Oct 25, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #3 of 72
At least the price is reasonable 32 GB of flash memory in a PMP with those specs and such is definitely reasonable, and with that in mind think of what the S9 will cost. I could see it going for about the same price.

Oct 25, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Battery life the only weakness. SDslot will make the battery life even shorter. else it's a good compact widescreen PMP.

Weakness? 18 hours for audio might be little, but 8 hours of video playback is really good. I don't believe there's a player from Archos or Apple who can do better than that for video.

I'm wondering if it'll support flash(games) and good (m3u) playlist support...

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #8 of 72
finally out! no expandable memory?

Oct 26, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #9 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody know about the SQ?

Should be the same as D2, if not better since both uses TI chipsets.

Oct 26, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #10 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
finally out! no expandable memory?

The O2 takes up to 32gb sdhc cards.
popcorn.gif

Oct 26, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #14 of 72
If Cowon could put all those features into a player with a 3" widescreen like the Samsung P2 so carrying it around wouldn't be such trouble, I would seriously buy this right now. However, a bigger player means I have more of a chance of it slipping out of my pocket and the size just isn't worth the trouble.

Now, if the O2 had Wifi along with a browser and email client so it could make a viable internet/media tablet, then I would buy it, but something with that big a screen that only plays music and video is just much.

Hopefully, somebody in the PMP industry will make something that can actually be a viable alternative to an iPod touch.

Oct 26, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #15 of 72
It's not an A3 successor, it's just a new player that seems to be aimed at being competitive, price & quality wise, in the market. Has a 10 band custom EQ, video battery life is a more than solid 8hrs. Looks like a winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back