Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #1,351 of 3,200
Mint Ringke

Quote:
i have a black cowon j3. what case do you all recommend?

1. Original White cowon leather case
  2. Clear Jelly case
  3. Nude black jelly case
  4. ringke (which colour goes well with black j3?)
  5. ebay - silicon case
  6. any other?

Feb 6, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #1,354 of 3,200
That deep red looks amazing.

Can anyone get me a side shot of the Rinke case, so I can see the buttons? For some reason it's impossible to find one.

Feb 6, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #1,356 of 3,200
I pulled the trigger and bought the white 8gb J3 (and soulsyde's case :) ).   My main reason for purchase is that I love my RE0's and they respond very well to my clip's EQ, so I can only imagine what the improvement with the J3 will be.   I also won't carry around an amp so that's why I strayed from the sflo and hifiman, that and battery life is so important to me.

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #1,357 of 3,200

Thanks SoulSyde, that looks nice. I wasn't sure if the buttons had marks on them, and I'm really happy that they do! Looks like I'll be getting a Rinke.

Quote:
I pulled the trigger and bought the white 8gb J3 (and soulsyde's case :) ).   My main reason for purchase is that I love my RE0's and they respond very well to my clip's EQ, so I can only imagine what the improvement with the J3 will be.   I also won't carry around an amp so that's why I strayed from the sflo and hifiman, that and battery life is so important to me.

You're sure about the amp? I'm not trying to get the thread off track, but the RE0 improves greatly with an amp, and an iBasso T4 or similar would be a slim addition that makes a significant difference...

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #1,358 of 3,200
Arrow + J3 = Portable Badassery.  It's like a little Darth Vader in your pocket.

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #1,359 of 3,200

Quote:
Love my Ringke!

That red colour looks amazing, it makes me want to eat it
rolleyes.gif

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:32 AM Post #1,361 of 3,200
I have a problem... I want to get a Ringke case... but I just can't decide on a color! I really like the look of the red, the blue and for some reason the aqua black... AHH! Why must Ringke have so many great colors???

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #1,362 of 3,200
Hey ... I am thinking of buying either the J3, X7 or new D3. But the J3 seems to stack up better than the others from my research. But I'd like to hear from owners ... what are your thoughts? My main use will be FLAC files, but also occasional videos on the commute. How is the screen resolution and size for watching vids?

Thanks in advance.

Feb 7, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #1,364 of 3,200
Yeah but the J3 does not have a line out so it's my understanding that an amp is a waste if you are running it out of the headphone jack.

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #1,365 of 3,200

Quote:
I have a problem... I want to get a Ringke case... but I just can't decide on a color! I really like the look of the red, the blue and for some reason the aqua black... AHH! Why must Ringke have so many great colors???

Get one that matches your headphones!

Quote:
Yeah but the J3 does not have a line out so it's my understanding that an amp is a waste if you are running it out of the headphone jack.

The J3's HO is nearly perfect, it doesn't need a LO. Just use a mini-to-mini interconnect, and the amp shouldn't decrease sound quality at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back