Cowon J3 freezes and crashes when trying to play videos with microSDHC card inserted
Jul 13, 2010 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Artmuzz

500+ Head-Fier
I have just noticed a bug on my Cowon J3. Whenever I have a microSDHC card inserted and I try to go into the videos folder the J3 freezes and the screen goes weird and I cannot switch it off until I hit the reset button. The videos I am trying to access are the J3 default demo videos as I don't have any video files on the external miniSDHC card. 

I have tried another miniSDHC card and I still get the same problems. I am using the latest J3 firmware 2.10

Please advise

Art

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 9
have you tried with multiple cards ?
have you done speed tests on the card to make sure it can sustain the video bitrate ?
have you formated the card properly with the panasonic SD formatter ?

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 9
try posting your question on iaudiophile.net in the J3 forum  - they should be able to answer pretty quickly.

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 9
UPDATE. I have finally fixed the problem
dt880smile.png
 The problem was that I had a m3u file on the card. I removed the m3u file and the freezing and crash problem when opening the videos folder has gone away and my J3 works great now
dt880smile.png

Art

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
try posting your question on iaudiophile.net in the J3 forum  - they should be able to answer pretty quickly.

Not true I am afraid as I posted that same question on the Cowon J3 forum on iaudiophile the same time I posted here and I still haven't got a reply
rolleyes.gif

Anyway it doesn't matter as I fixed it anyway
dt880smile.png

Art

Jul 14, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #8 of 9
Jul 14, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #9 of 9
yes, 2.xx (international version) usually released slower than 1.xx (korea non dmb version) and 3.xx (dmb version)

1.xx and 3.xx already have .20 and added 1 new icon called Vokhan, but i dont know what is the function 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back