Cowon J3 Audio L/R function
Jul 20, 2010 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Artmuzz

500+ Head-Fier
I have been experimenting with my Cowon J3 and came across this Audio L/R function under the system settings. 

Is this supposed to be a panning function? As when I try the fucntion to the maximum of 10 the sound only pans slightly to the left and -10 the sound only slighly pans to the right. I don't seem to get any hard panning (sound only in left earphone while right earphone is silent)

Do any other owners get hard panning or do they experience just panning slightly to the left or right with this function?

Please advise

Art

Nov 28, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
I have been experimenting with my Cowon J3 and came across this Audio L/R function under the system settings. 

Is this supposed to be a panning function? As when I try the fucntion to the maximum of 10 the sound only pans slightly to the left and -10 the sound only slighly pans to the right. I don't seem to get any hard panning (sound only in left earphone while right earphone is silent)

Do any other owners get hard panning or do they experience just panning slightly to the left or right with this function?

Please advise

Art

IIRC it is not a hard panning, like you can get in Rockbox, just a partial one.

Nov 28, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #7 of 10
I have a mostly deaf brother, with only a little hearing in one ear, and know several people with different degrees of hearing in each ear.  The L/R balance feature helps make up for some and present what sounds balanced to those whose ears aren't.  

Mar 7, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #8 of 10
yes, it's not meant to be hard panning, is just for adjustin music... the people who designed this, maybe were thinking about how you can enjoy more the music, and how to balance the hearing between ears, more than how to hear the music in only one ear.....
because music is most stereophonic!.....

Mar 7, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #9 of 10
I feel like cowon's iaudio 7 had better panning features than the J3. While the scale for J3 goes from -10 to 10, iaudio 7 went from -20 to 20,(extending a little further to both ends of the scale) allowing for more refined and accurate panning to my liking. I which I could listen to my J3 with -1.5 for my taste but I can't =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back