1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cowon j3 and circumaural headphone?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by dobrescu george, Feb 2, 2011.
Next

Last
  1. Dobrescu George
    ok, so, i have another thread for this, please don't kill me....

the ideea, is that i just need to know if shure srh 440, sennheiser 380 pro, or sennheiser hd 438, are good with cowon j3... i mean if j3 can drive them, and what of them sound the best....

sorry again for making another thread, but from last one, my impression was that i should buy nothing at all, and just listen to iems....

prices, at least for me are 
    srh 440 - 120$
    senn 380 pro - 120$
    senn hd 438 - 100$...
    and, if someone has ever experienced better with,
    sony mdr-xb-700 - 100$

all i want is to have the best experience with cowon j3, and music, and a pair of headphones....
    the most important thing is that the headphones to be have some bass, MUST have good mids, and is preffered to have good highs....
    i will use them with every genere of music that exists....
    and i can tweak the sount with cowon j3... the most important things are
    -the pad to surround the ear, without pushing against it
    -the sound to be loud, clear, and as much as stellar, as possible...
    -to be enought of well driver by cowon j3 as possible
    -to be neutral, or a little more bass, that will not distort the other things....

i read lots and lots, and i am a bit confuzed, which one of these may sound at the best.... thanks in advance for help...

and again please don't kill me for the new thread...

2. Dobrescu George
    ok, maybe this thread is stupid, because in america, from what i see, at least on amazon, sennheiser 380 pro, is in somehow another category than shure srh 440....
    and i heard that shure srh 440 don't have too much bass, so maybe the senns will do the job...
    i also understood that the hd 438 are another category,... but can sennheiser 380 pro be driven by cowon j3?...
    i cannot fiind this info anywhere....:frowning2:....

3. Digital-Pride
    Allow me to recommend the Shures to you.  As a fellow Cowon user(I have the S9 and the O2) I find the SRH440 sound fantastic, especially when utilizing BBE and other enhancements.  The Shures boast exceptional clarity(you will hear details in your music you never heard before), have a smooth slightly forward midrange with well extended highs and are very easy to drive, so no amp is needed here.  The Shures indeed are not bass heavy however, you will find the bass very well controlled with an excellent amount of texture as opposed to just a boomy mess.  Plus with Cowon's Mach3bass enhancement you can tailor the bass frequency to your liking. 

4. Dobrescu George
    until now, i am the most decided to shure srh 440, because is the first can from my list, wich i heard that can be driven by cowon j3.... 

5. Borgbox
    I'm getting the ATH-m50s to go with my J3. I think it will be a wonderful match.

6. Dobrescu George
    well. ath m50 have recessed mids, you may have problems with rock, or rap.....

for now i may buy sennheiser 380 pro, or shure srh 440... not sure:frowning2:...

I don;t have where to listen before buy... and this complicates my choice so much...

7. Dobrescu George
    and as a question for pure interest, how does go srh 440 with infected mushroom?....

Borgbox likes this.
  8. Digital-Pride
    The SRH440s are good with most genres, so it should work well with trance.

9. Borgbox
    I've taken that into consideration. However, I rarely listen to rock or rap. I do plan on upgrading past the m50s to a more neutral headphone later on. The m50s are just a replacement/upgrade for my v700djs which have incredibly recessed mids, so I don't think the m50s will disappoint for my purposes. Thanks for the heads up tho!

Quote:

10. Dobrescu George
  11. Gorgatron
    I can back you up on this statement. I own both and I thoroughly enjoy this combo.

Quote:

12. Borgbox
    Very glad to hear both of these things. :)

Quote:

Quote:

13. Dobrescu George
    i still not know if shure srh 440 has any bass impact, i mean they are not like not bass at all, right?....

14. Digital-Pride
    The SRH440 has bass impact, it's not as hard hitting as a pair from Sony's XB line but it's well controlled and very quick.

15. Dobrescu George
    hm... this means that i'l give them a shot..... i cannot know without trying....

the only thing that i don't understand very well is why the people imperssions are so different about things... i mean i wanted to chose between srh 440 and sennheiser pro 380... it's pretty hard, because some of people like them, other hate them... i guess that only my own experience will clear this situation out about which is good, and which is bad....

Next

Last