Cowon iAudio 9 coming soon....
Oct 2, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #2 of 19
iaudio_9.jpg

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 19
seems pretty similar to the s9 in features. hope it has 64 gb with an expandable slot!

Oct 2, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #4 of 19
It's got the same crappy touchpad controls as the Samsung Q2 (possibly, as we need to confirm first).

Oct 2, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 19
Specifications?

I love the I7, interested in this one.

Oct 2, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #7 of 19
No interest in Cowon's products at all. Their FM radios don't have particularly good reception, the voice recorder is useless except for personal recordings...no lectures unlike a dedicated recorder or minidisc, the line-in is okay, BUT the wma file format is worthless. Add to that no AAC support... /sigh

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamewing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No interest in Cowon's products at all. Their FM radios don't have particularly good reception, the voice recorder is useless except for personal recordings...no lectures unlike a dedicated recorder or minidisc, the line-in is okay, BUT the wma file format is worthless. Add to that no AAC support... /sigh

Then why do you troll into this thread just to make a stupid post about how you hate Cowon products? Do us all a favor and don't post back in this thread again.

For your info, the FM's reception quality is heavily reliant on your headphones/earphones. It uses the wiring in your 'phones to receive FM radio broadcasts.

Back to the topic...

I like the new look of the i-series (as in the i9). The rectangular boxy shape of the i7 never really won me over. Hopefully we'll see some specs on this baby sometime before the holiday season is upon us.

The "touchpad" buttons could be one of the clicky-type ones (like the ones you would find on a microwave).

Oct 3, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then why do you troll into this thread just to make a stupid post about how you hate Cowon products? Do us all a favor and don't post back in this thread again.

For your info, the FM's reception quality is heavily reliant on your headphones/earphones. It uses the wiring in your 'phones to receive FM radio broadcasts.

Back to the topic...

I like the new look of the i-series (as in the i9). The rectangular boxy shape of the i7 never really won me over. Hopefully we'll see some specs on this baby sometime before the holiday season is upon us.

The "touchpad" buttons could be one of the clicky-type ones (like the ones you would find on a microwave).

1. Get your panties out of a wad.
2. I am not "trolling". I make valid comments regarding my opinion of Cowon's product. I was not rude or vulgar, nor did I launch a personal attack against anyone. It is a piece of electronics, not your significant other....so drop the "attitude" please.
3. I speak from experience, as I have owned several Cowon players (up through the A2).
4. I understand how a radio works, thank you. That does not change the fact thar the radio reception on my Cowon players was less than stellar.

Oct 4, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Loque /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The s9, was, unfortunately made of jam.

And this is a worthless comment, stop trolling.

Oct 4, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And this is a worthless comment, stop trolling.

Before we use the word troll or the verb trolling, how about we get an idea of what the common definition means because I really think folks are throwing that word around unnecessarily.

While the comment was rather obtuse and I have no idea what it means, I don't think for a second he was "trollling". To me trolling means a post that is intended to raise others' hackles and start an argument. His comment raised my eyebrows, but that was it.

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamewing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before we use the word troll or the verb trolling, how about we get an idea of what the common definition means because I really think folks are throwing that word around unnecessarily.

While the comment was rather obtuse and I have no idea what it means, I don't think for a second he was "trollling". To me trolling means a post that is intended to raise others' hackles and start an argument. His comment raised my eyebrows, but that was it.

Your comments that you posted above actually contribute to the conversation, as your stating a like/dislike of Cowon daps in general. The post I quoted was pure chaff, and is trolling. Don't defend something that doesn't pertain to you, as it'll take the thread off topic. And his comment, though obscure, WAS meant to cause flaming - nothing more.

Now, can the discussion be resumed please?

Oct 4, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #15 of 19
It's nice to see a sequel to the i6 and i7, but I'd prefer a DAP with hardware controls, instead of a touch panel. IMO, the touch panel defeats the slim form factor of the player for pocket use, since the controls are rendered useless.

I'd rather have a revamped version of the Cowon U5 with bigger capacity, OLED screen and an option in the settings to keep the hardware controls for FF/RW, Vol +/- and Play/Pause unlocked for pocket use (don't know if there's such option in the player already, but the user guide doesn't mention anything about it). Album art display would be a bonus...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back