-- Cowon iAudio 7 review -- with lots of pictures (no blurry cell phone shots)
Jun 4, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #61 of 123
All of my albums stay in order. Songs should be named "# - Title". This is the correct way of doing things
wink.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #62 of 123
Ok, a little bit of manual work never hurt no one...

Another question: Is it possible to browse through your files while staying in playmode? (one of the features of my dying Archos Gmini XS 202s, that I appriciate very much)

Jun 5, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #63 of 123
And something else...It seems that reviewers around have had a hard time figuring the interface out. Is it because it really is bad or just because you need to spend a little time with it - and THEN it is SMART?

Another thing: Is the touch sensitive buttons bad? I know you can costumize the setting to low, f.ex., but when you put it in your pocket, do you then have to lock the buttons every time anyways? And is it a major operation to lock and unlock?

I'd much appriciate answers from someone who really knows this player good, 'cause these are issues, that most reviewers can't answer, 'cause they don't spend time enough with the player. Everyone gone ipod thinks that the rest is rubbish, when it comes to usability and stuff like that, but I didn't.

Jun 6, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #64 of 123
I agree almost completely with the OP. While I have never heard the D2, I have been completely satisfied with my 16G i7 on almost all fronts for about a year now. My only complaint is that the fwd/back slider "buttons" are hit way too easily. I actually listen to podcasts with it a lot, and I can't tell you how many times I've cried in frustration as I skip to the next track from the middle of a podcast. Often times I don't even bother finding my spot again, and just skip it.

The hold switch is invaluable with this device. I use the setting where, under hold, I can change the volume with the vol buttons on the top, and the other button toggles pause.

But yeah, the battery life is incredible, the features are superb... sound quality perhaps isn't quite as special as what comes from my ultra micro dac, but it's the best I've ever heard from a portable.

I honestly don't know of a better PMP for me right now. i7 is win.

Jun 6, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #65 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another thing: Is the touch sensitive buttons bad? I know you can costumize the setting to low, f.ex., but when you put it in your pocket, do you then have to lock the buttons every time anyways? And is it a major operation to lock and unlock?

I've been using my i7 for almost 20 months now. I started a thread back then to share my excitement for it...HERE.

As for the general ease of use while in your pocket or by just feel, I find the i7 to be a breeze to operate after this much use. I use the hold feature and set the hard button for track advance. I use my i7 in bed most every night and I can operate it blindly...by feel...even unlocking the buttons to change volume.

Some questions you might have could be in that old thread.

Jun 6, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #67 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going crazy waiting for my i7 to arrive
biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif

The only part I hate now about buying mine in 2007 is that now I could buy the 16 GB version for $50 less than what I paid back then for 8GB.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #68 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
popcorn.gif

The only part I hate now about buying mine in 2007 is that now I could buy the 16 GB version for $50 less than what I paid back then for 8GB.
very_evil_smiley.gif

You enjoyed the i7 for 2 years for the difference of price you pay so it ain't too bad isn't it?
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #69 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You enjoyed the i7 for 2 years for the difference of price you pay so it ain't too bad isn't it?
biggrin.gif

...hell no!
tongue_smile.gif
No regrets really. I conservatively estimate my i7 to have 3,000 hours...countless charges and the battery is still amazing.

Jun 6, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #70 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...hell no!
tongue_smile.gif
No regrets really. I conservatively estimate my i7 to have 3,000 hours...countless charges and the battery is still amazing.

Go easy on it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #71 of 123
iaudio 7 (16gb) ordered!!! It will be like hell for a month or so (I hate changes), but then I hope I'll get really happy with it. Like all you guys seem to be. Thanks for replys :)

Jun 7, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #73 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the menu, go to «Settings» → «General» → «Touch Sensitivity» and set it to «Low».

Still need help!

I tried this but it only slows down the scroll speed it doesn't do a thing for the Sensitivity, my fingers sometimes run really close to the them but not touching and still it's like i just pressed them and i skip a song or sometimes paused it.
confused_face.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #74 of 123
I got to listen to the I7 and the D2 at a store recently. I was amazed at how my DT770 Pro's (80ohm) sounded through both of them. Specially the I7 since it's so small, I really didn't expect it. I normally put my Zen V+ at the highest volume, but.. there's no way I would do that with the I7 or D2.

At the moment I'm still not sure what I'm gonna buy.. but I'm definatly thinking about the iAudio's. Just not sure about their UI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back