-- Cowon iAudio 7 review -- with lots of pictures (no blurry cell phone shots)
Jun 10, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #77 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by jodoog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think the i7 8gb is worth £30 more than the £50 Sansa Clip 8gb?

Paired with a Sennheiser IE7...

I think it's worth it. If you use EQ then you would really appreciate the i7 over the Clip. The Clip is smaller and sounds very nice but for me the i7 is the easy win. I've never heard the IE7.

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #78 of 123
Ok, had a little trouble last night, as my new Cowon iaudio7 told me, that battery was full. It wasn't and it behaved insane by turning on and of all by itself for 5-10 minuttes. The battery charged all night, and everything is fine now.

I agree with the OP about most things. It's a great music player with a lot of costumizing possibilities. No crappy software. Just drag and drop. Great sound. No nonsence, really! I'm getting used to this player faster than I thought.

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #80 of 123
Finally my i7 has arrived!
Loading songs atm (slow transfer speed though)
Hopefully I will like it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #81 of 123
First impression after playing around with some of the jeteffects, I realize I still prefer the sound sig of the original iPod Shuffle. Maybe I need more time figuring the EQ out.

Jun 12, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #82 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you are liking it, librarian.

Are you getting the hang of the swing interface?

Yeah, the interface is ok. I've organized everything in folders. Genre, artist, album. Easy thing :) I think i will delete everything else than that one music-folder. I like it simple. There's still some minor errors between my intuitive behavior and the interface - but I'm sure it will be ok. Thanks for great review :)

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #85 of 123
my menu button stopped working..because i did buy it 2nd hands I had to try something myself..wish i didn't coz now it's dead...the screws seem to be glued so it took some effort to open it..when it finally was open there was no ''button'' inside for coming into the menu...for power and volume there are small button's..well..now i have a screen and a battery lying around..if someone needs 1 of those parts drop me a line..

/sad

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #87 of 123
I have had my IA7 for a month now. Bought it largely based on on this review and have to say I haven't been disappointed; nice review Ka-Boom! The UI is intuitive enough and I get to where I want without mis-steps. Something interesting about the swing-touch though; it doesn't like direct sunlight. I was sitting outside listening to my newly bought Klipsch C2 (diggin' it) with the IA7 on the table next to me. I had been there about 45min when all of a sudden the songs started cycling and fast-forwarding. Button presses , hard or swing touch, were non-responsive.I got up and moved under the shade and after about 15 seconds it settled on a song and playback was normal speed. All buttons worked normally too. Pretty much anything , electronic or otherwise, comes with a warning about long periods of exposure to direct sunlight and this was a good example of why that is.

Jun 14, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #89 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by makincheez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had my IA7 for a month now. Bought it largely based on on this review and have to say I haven't been disappointed; nice review Ka-Boom! The UI is intuitive enough and I get to where I want without mis-steps. Something interesting about the swing-touch though; it doesn't like direct sunlight. I was sitting outside listening to my newly bought Klipsch C2 (diggin' it) with the IA7 on the table next to me. I had been there about 45min when all of a sudden the songs started cycling and fast-forwarding. Button presses , hard or swing touch, were non-responsive.I got up and moved under the shade and after about 15 seconds it settled on a song and playback was normal speed. All buttons worked normally too. Pretty much anything , electronic or otherwise, comes with a warning about long periods of exposure to direct sunlight and this was a good example of why that is.

I put that behaviour down to static when I first experienced it. But I also have the same problem in bright sunlight, just bringing it out of my pocket a few times to change volume or pausing to answer the phone.

Jun 15, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #90 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^
Cool. Glad I could help and that you like it, do you think I was wrong/mis-leading on anything? Did you get the 16GB version?

What do you think about the audio output? Warm, clear, lacking, etc?

I got the 8gb version. Having read your review and others I was a little concerned about scrolling through 16gb of files if the UI was a little wonky; I needn't have been as it turns out. Screamin' deal for $105 from Amazon though. I also have a 30gb Zune (currently Altec Lansing docked) and it was quick enough and so is the IA7. No better/no worse; just different. I thought your review was spot on IMVHO. I wouldn't be too concerned about how you came across on the review though. Everything you said (wrote?) was accurate afaik and as for the sound , well, I find it a little flat on most tracks if it isn't eq'ed just a smidge on the high notes.But that's just me
biggrin.gif
. Really depends on the music, the phones, quality of the rip, and listener perception I suppose. Sound is so damn subjective anyway. Like any of the other senses, how do you describe a flavor or a smell accurately and definitively? I might say something tastes like fresh broccoli but you may think it tastes like arse. Still, thanks again for your review and the guidance it gave me
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back