Cowon D2 vs Cowon O2?
Dec 1, 2008 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Dougie085

Head-Fier
Are they similar? Does one have better sound quality? The O2 appears to be the newer version of the D2 but I can't seem to find much info on here about it. I'm looking to grab a player and these are pretty much top of the list.

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #3 of 12
The O2 is not the new D2. The O2 is like a new A3.

The S9 is more likely the new D2.

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 12
But does the O2 sound good? And I'll look into the S9 then. I'm mostly worried about sound quality though and FLAC support. I really like the look and reviews I see for the Cowon players I just can't seem to find much on these new ones.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #5 of 12
It appears the S9 is not out yet? Looks like people were expecting it sometime around October but other then that I can't find anything much other then artist rendered pictures.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #6 of 12
No the S9 is not out yet. All of the Cowon's players have great sound and supports Flac, but the D2 is most notible, for a it's size and battery life, and 74mW output, and has become a fan for most audiophiles. The S9 is said to follow that same legacy.

The O2 with its huge screen and video options is more suited for video lovers.

Dec 1, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #7 of 12
Yeah just kind of liked the screen and the GUI on the O2. I kind of skimmed but didn't notice any say of the DAC used in the O2. Anyone have any idea? I'd imagine that most of their players would share things like DAC's though but who knows. I wish someone locally carried their stuff haha. I'll just have to think on it....

Dec 2, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #10 of 12
WHAT! If the S9 has no SD card slot it's not an option
smily_headphones1.gif

Is the X5L comparable to the D2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back