Cowon C2 Impression and Discusion Thread
Apr 7, 2011 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 141

RAFA

Headphoneus Supremus
As far as I know there was already a thread baout the Cowon C2, but I think it is abandoned. That is why there is a need for a new one.

The C2 has the formfactor of a D2/+ and is a entry-level DAP. According to the Stellist Design website it has a very simple music UI, where only the tracktitle and artist is shown and in the background the albumart. Also 55 hours of music listening with one charge is possible.

It is nice and simple, but I would like to see the bitrate and filetype too.

It is a little bigger than the D2.

It seems to have a nice metalback

I got the Info from here: http://stellist.tistory.com/1614

I expect it to cost somewhere around 100€. Feel free to discuss the C2 here :)

Apr 7, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #2 of 141
No buttons, like on the J3? Not sure I like that idea.

Apr 7, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 141
Its OFFICIAL guys
I cant read korean but the main fetures are visible,.

2.6 ' LCD dipslay
BBE+3.0
TV OUT
RADIO
MICRO SD SLOT
55 Music playback time.
Metallic back.
It also has some kind of fancy new Ui,

The only main disadvantage is the lack of tactile buttons to skip and pause tracks but at least it has volume buttons.
Good all around specs and great battery life for a budget player.

Apr 8, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #5 of 141

Quote:
Its OFFICIAL guys
I cant read korean but the main fetures are visible,.

2.6 ' LCD dipslay
BBE+3.0
TV OUT
RADIO
MICRO SD SLOT
55 Music playback time.
Metallic back.
It also has some kind of fancy new Ui,

The only main disadvantage is the lack of tactile buttons to skip and pause tracks but at least it has volume buttons.

Do you really thin it will be a budget player? Its Cowon, they are never cheap, at least in Europe.

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 141

Quote:

Quote:
No buttons, like on the J3? Not sure I like that idea.

Quote:

No Play, FB, FW buttons...

The D2/D2+ has the option to set the volume buttons to either FF/REW or still do the volume in the hold state, as well as the Play/Pause button being held to skip to the next track. The features we want are there, just not as well implemented as on the S9/J3/D3,...

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #7 of 141

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The D2/D2+ has the option to set the volume buttons to either FF/REW or still do the volume in the hold state, as well as the Play/Pause button being held to skip to the next track. The features we want are there, just not as well implemented as on the S9/J3/D3,...

Killer battery life is definitely a plus!

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #9 of 141

Quote:

I agree, but the poop screen res pisses me off - but it's gonna be a Cowon budget DAP, so I guess it should be expected.

Budget, like Sansa pricing budget? Or budget compared to J3 and Touch prices?

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #11 of 141

Quote:
You know it's compared to the J3/D3/iPod touch,...Sansa never really was a price consideration - even to me.

If it sounds as good as my i9, and I think it has the same Jet Effect 3.0, then it's certainly worth considering, esp. since it has the card slot the i9 lacks combined with the better battery.

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #12 of 141
I am seriously thinking to buy the C2, but there is a lot coming, X3, CK4 16g, etc. also the new Beyers, so I do not know where actually to spend my money...

Apr 8, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #13 of 141
microSD ? that is a big going back, microSD is pricier and yet less capacity, what I love about D2+ is it use standard SDHC which give bigger storage option cheaper compared to like Sansa, this thing doesn't look like it get much smaller size yet still using  microSD, is the radioation dust from Japan rust their brain ?If it is going to be a replacement of D2/D2+ it should have standard SDXC slot and maybe a capacitive screen,

Apr 8, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #14 of 141

Quote:
microSD ? that is a big going back, microSD is pricier and yet less capacity, what I love about D2+ is it use standard SDHC which give bigger storage option cheaper compared to like Sansa, this thing doesn't look like it get much smaller size yet still using  microSD, is the radioation dust from Japan rust their brain ?If it is going to be a replacement of D2/D2+ it should have standard SDXC slot and maybe a capacitive screen,

Actually, microsdhc and regular SDHC are pretty close in price now. I do agree with you about an SDXC slot being a better idea though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back