Cown D2 & Apple iMac Users
Jun 11, 2010 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

tiantan

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am contemplating buying a new DAP, currently I have the Cowon D2, it was an excellent player and still is, however when I made the switch to Mac, all of sudden my Cowon D2 is not being recognized. When I plug my Cowon D2 into the usb ports, it charges my Cowon D2 instead of recognizing it, it also seems to freeze once in a blue moon. I have done a little research and noticed a lot of Mac users have been having some issues with Cowon. Cowon says it supports Mac, but I don't think it does, it seems half assed. So basically, what seemed to be a great player is no longer functional on my computer, my current firmware on the Cowon D2 is 2.59, the latest one I believe.

I guess what I'm asking for is suggestions for another player, I don't really need one, but this thing won't work on the Mac (I've tried everything possible to get it to work/recognize), I'm quite disappointed as I love this thing. What I am looking for in my future DAP is:
drag and drop feature, I do not want to be binded with software in order to add my music, huge battery life (10+ hrs or more), memory at least 8GB, although 16 or 32GB would be perfect. Price range less than $300. I love Cowon, but man I do not want to risk another chance of another Cowon player not working on my computer, so I guess I'm looking for another company that actually supports Mac fully, any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

P.S. - I have looked at the Nationite S:flo2, everything seemed good until I realized there was no hold switch, I keep my DAP in my pocket as I move around, so it didn't seem that would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back