Cowboy Junkies - The Trinity Session
Aug 20, 2007 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

milkweg

Banned
Listening to this album right now and it has really good sound quality considering it was recorded in just one day. The music is quite good too and very laid back. Good for late night listening sessions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_Junkies

The Trinity Session is perhaps their best known album, recorded live in a single day on a single microphone in a church in Toronto. This album also included cover version of The Velvet Underground's "Sweet Jane" based on the 1969 Live album version rather than the studio version from Loaded. The single featured in the film Natural Born Killers.

Aug 20, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #4 of 11
They're supposedly re-recording this album for some anniversary release, but I can't see how they could possibly improve upon it.

A real canadian classic. I pass by the church they recorded it in a lot.

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #5 of 11
If you like the Cowboy Junkies, check out a band called Hem. I'm currently digging their album FUNNEL CLOUD.

Aug 20, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonjar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like the Cowboy Junkies, check out a band called Hem. I'm currently digging their album FUNNEL CLOUD.

I'll second the Hem recommendation. They do an awesome cover of "Rainy Night In Georgia" on the No Word From Tom album.

And The Trinity Session is a big time favorite, since I always preferred that version of Sweet Jane when I first heard it on the VU Live album. Hearing someone with an actual singing voice (sorry Lou) turned it into a classic.

A_Sr.

Aug 20, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #9 of 11
I used to have Caution Horses too by CJ but it wasn't as good as The Trinity Session but was still decent. Don't know what their other albums are like as that is all I have heard of them.

Aug 21, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #11 of 11
Didn't even know Velvet Underground did the original Sweet Jane, I will have to check that out.

On a side note Milkweg is that Ena Sharples on your Avvy.?????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back