Covid Anxiety
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #16 of 48
No, I have fear, note I said “Your simply experiencing fear and despair like many are”.....that includes me! Lol

Of course I have fear, you would be crazy not to. But still to have to much of the emotion is not good either. Thus despair and fear to a certain point are natural and healthy. I have done a small amount of research into this third wave. At one point there was 7000 people who died in a 5 days period, in my country. My Mother-in-law and my Uncle died from Covid. This crap is real. But also we must just go on with life. No matter how much of it we have. There are almost 8 billion people in the world, in 64 years the population will double again to 16 billion. I’m not so sure resources can support that. Soo nature does what it does. Best to enjoy life by doing what you want and try not to be pulled down by the media.
My condolences

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #17 of 48
Sep 5, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #19 of 48
I got the chills and a little achy after my second shot but that was about it. I haven't heard of causing hearing issues but I guess it could be possible. If it doesn't stop see your doctor.

As for the anxiety. I suffer from a few forms of anxiety, like general anxiety and social anxiety. Also depression and PTSD. I am disabled because of it. Anxiety and depression is on the rise because of the times we live in. There are things you can do to help. One try to be as safe as you can be and mitigate your risks. Second is cognitive thinking, there are many good books and articles on the internet you can read that can you help with this. Meditation helps as well. Simple breathing exercises can do a lot to relieve stress. If you are stressed and panicked enough it will eventually lead to depression. It is kind of cycle.

If this starting to cause problems in your life like issues with your family, your job, sleeping and doing simple tasks I highly suggest you see a doctor and/or seek some sort of counseling. Even if it is an online group therapy kind of thing. They may be able to prescribe you a mild sedative, SSRI, sleeping pills or something along those lines. In your case it would probably be a short term thing until you can get things back in balance again.

Just know that are not alone this and it is becoming a fairly widespread issue. You have nothing to be ashamed of. And keep in mind sometimes anxiety issues set in with people at a certain age.

Sep 6, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #20 of 48
Over the years I've had a few different niggling issues especially when working nights, but also working in the day time. I felt anxious much of the time before any of this started. Over the last few years I've taken some vitamins, fish oil, C, Lutein and a few others. When I was young my diet was very poor looking back, I wasn't eating enough greens especially, now I make sure to eat some vegetables every day as well as seeds and nuts. I didn't notice much of an effect if any taking various vitamins though took them because I knew they are important if I'm not getting them in my diet, like fish oil.
Relatively recently I started taking one that I hadn't paid much attention to as I had heard people nearing 50 especially and older people needed to boost their levels. So I stopped taking some vitamins, as I'm eating better food (a pharmacist my mother knows doesn't take any as she says a good diet is all you need) and started taking vitamin D. Within a few months I noticed I wasn't feeling so anxious and some of the other niggles had lessened. It is the only vitamin I can say that has made me notice a difference, in general I feel calmer. I had stopped drinking caffeine for a whole year as I thought this was causing some my problems, which it was as I was drinking way too much coffee, but now I'm drinking tea again with no issues, only the normal slight buzz caffeine gives you.
Even if you're out in the sunshine a lot you may still need to take vitamin D(D3) when you're older.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #22 of 48
Hello,

Want to gather advices. Recently, I got my vaccines and there were nights when I hear ringing on my hears. Do you experience the same? I'm worried that it may affect me permanently. I got stressed too with the news about increasing COVID cases, it gives me panic attack. Hope you can give me suggestions on how to overcome this anxiety. Thank you.

It seems more likely that your ears ringing is related to your anxiety than to the vaccine. I have generalized anxiety disorder that's pretty well-managed at this point. My advice would be to make an appointment with a therapist to help manage your anxiety and a psychiatrist to explore what medication may be helpful. This can all be done virtually. I realize mental health coverage is poor on many insurance plans, so if the out of pocket cost is prohibitive there are several therapy apps like BetterHelp and Talkspace that I've heard about that may be more affordable.

Sep 7, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #23 of 48
OP, I would suggest to take a few big breaths(really do it, its actually relaxing for the body), maybe stretch a little, and just wait it out. Almost nothing is going to last more than a few days if it’s linked to a fever or some overzealous immune response.
For tinnitus, the possible causes are many. Being stressed and maybe a lack of sleep are some good starting candidates.
Try to relax your neck(gently!!!), try to get a real good night of sleep. I get that it's easier said than done, but it probably would help for... everything.
Don’t drink alcohol, maybe go easy with sound in your ears for a day or 2.
And if you’re on facebook or tweeter, maybe don’t. Watching extremists go at it in their respective little boxes, I can’t imagine it being any good for stress.

But most of all, if you're really anxious, go talk to a real doctor instead of silly people on the web :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 7, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #24 of 48
Whatever admin wants to do is totally fine with me.
To stay on topic, I like to say, from what I researched, the future looks bright no matter what you hear in news.
The doc told my mom, Stay away from news as they play on drama.
Magnesium also great for anxiety.

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #25 of 48
Music is the best tools to fight off anxiety

Anything that can slow you down will do wonderfully to anxiety whether it is drugs or some activities that you like to do . However, I recommend finding activities that helps slowing you down and trim back any of those stimulating foods/drinks like energy drinks or coffee etc….sit down, chills, enjoy music… take a long walks, control breathing and enjoy the airs for example

the more you relying on drugs is the more you are weakening your own immune systems. The immune system don’t only fight off viruses and bacterial but it also help Maintaining hormonal balances and so on. The more your body can produce by itself , the stronger you are, physically, emotionally, and even spiritually

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #26 of 48
I've also heard magnesium is good for muscle spasms, pains eg. Seems like a wonder mineral. Vitamin B12 I think? Is also good for the mind

Also my doc prescribed propranolol for anxiety. For me it did nothing, but for some they say it helps.

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #27 of 48
For reducing anxiety I highly suggest you to workout,
just 10 minutes everyday consistently,
it's amazing how a small changes to your routine could affect your life,

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #28 of 48
Living alone in these times is not too good, at least for me.

This is a reason why I came back to my home country. I live with my grandparents, and I have other relatives around. It's much better now.

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #29 of 48
For temporary tinnitus relieve,
my daily routine is press your jaw with both of your thumb,
then open and close your mouth slowly while still applying the pressure,
it might help with relaxation, our jaw is so tense,

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #30 of 48
I've also heard magnesium is good for muscle spasms, pains eg. Seems like a wonder mineral. Vitamin B12 I think? Is also good for the mind

Also my doc prescribed propranolol for anxiety. For me it did nothing, but for some they say it helps.
Mg is commonly used as part of a workout diet, along with potassium to avoid cramps and muscle pain after a heavy workout.

Music is the best tools to fight off anxiety

Anything that can slow you down will do wonderfully to anxiety whether it is drugs or some activities that you like to do . However, I recommend finding activities that helps slowing you down and trim back any of those stimulating foods/drinks like energy drinks or coffee etc….sit down, chills, enjoy music… take a long walks, control breathing and enjoy the airs for example

the more you relying on drugs is the more you are weakening your own immune systems. The immune system don’t only fight off viruses and bacterial but it also help Maintaining hormonal balances and so on. The more your body can produce by itself , the stronger you are, physically, emotionally, and even spiritually

The immune system has nothing to do with hormonal balance. An overactive immune system will actually produce an autoimmune response leading to thyroid disorders and other hormonal disorders besides leading to cancer which is your own immune system going rogue and fighting itself.

Just over 200 years ago, most of the kids born wouldn't make it to the age of 5 despite kids having a stronger immune response. The human immune system even at its best is surprisingly weak and has no active response to a vast majority of diseases and microbes.

The immune system is virtually useless for half of our body parts such as the brain, skeletal system as can be seen from physical disorders such as back pain,diabetes, cancer and other similar problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back