Covid Anxiety
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2021 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

gleanfont

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

Want to gather advices. Recently, I got my vaccines and there were nights when I hear ringing on my hears. Do you experience the same? I'm worried that it may affect me permanently. I got stressed too with the news about increasing COVID cases, it gives me panic attack. Hope you can give me suggestions on how to overcome this anxiety. Thank you.

Aug 19, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 48
Sounds like you're suffering from generalised anxiety more broadly. Covid-19 is one articulation of this, which affects every aspect of our everyday experience but especially the body.

Ringing in the ears? Highly unlikely to be related to vaccine, probably some kind of low-level migraine induced by anxiety and stress.

You can't overcome anxiety, sorry - you can only mitigate it and accept it as a part of life, which will flair up from time to time. Try to lie in darkness and breathe slowly.

Aug 19, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #4 of 48
You should be fine. I’ve never had a problem with vaccines.

I was even vaccinated about 8 years ago when I did volunteer work in Haiti. Fantastic!

Aug 21, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 48
I have a read an article that says there are a variety of ways the pandemic has likely affected mental health, particularly with widespread social isolation resulting from necessary safety measures. A broad body of research links social isolation and loneliness to both poor mental and physical health. Looks like I'm panicking too much since I'm alone in our house and I'm worried that something bad would happen to me since this ringing on my ear started.

Aug 21, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #6 of 48
Hello,

Want to gather advices. Recently, I got my vaccines and there were nights when I hear ringing on my hears. Do you experience the same? I'm worried that it may affect me permanently. I got stressed too with the news about increasing COVID cases, it gives me panic attack. Hope you can give me suggestions on how to overcome this anxiety. Thank you.

Thats more likely a sign of tinnitus , common in headphone wearers. got the COVID shot and fell sick the next day but fully fit now.

Aug 21, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #7 of 48
There is a chance that maybe you just noticed your tinnitus? Meaning it may actually have been there but you never noticed it. It can also come and go or be permanent. I have had tinnitus due to loud music since 1985. The vaccine affects each person differently but I’m pretty sure tinnitus is not one side-effect? I received two doses of the vaccine, with the first dose being noticeable.

Best simply to keep positive by focusing your mind on positive things, or just keeping a balanced theme going by reading positive and negative stuff. The world is full of both positive and negative energy. Try and find a slot where your realistic but at the same time optimistic and neutral.

Neutral thought allows a great freedom of perspective to situations as they arise.

Your simply experiencing fear and despair like many are. Best to avoid the news and stick with reading or watching positive things. Try and get to a peaceful place just being alone and quiet. Make peace with yourself and your surroundings.

You may be experiencing a change as normally you have interactions in person with people......or your more outside of your house? Be sure this Covid thing will not last forever, and it will make you a stronger person in the end!

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #8 of 48
Well yes I agree that it can also affect mental health.

I think the worst situation is for teenagers who are not permitted to go out and party which is a bummer.

When I was a teenager I used to go out and drink beers with the guys and I believe that it was good psychological therapy.

These days many teens are stuck home playing video games and looking at a screen which in my opinion can be depressing.

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #12 of 48
There is a chance that maybe you just noticed your tinnitus? Meaning it may actually have been there but you never noticed it. It can also come and go or be permanent. I have had tinnitus due to loud music since 1985. The vaccine affects each person differently but I’m pretty sure tinnitus is not one side-effect? I received two doses of the vaccine, with the first dose being noticeable.

Best simply to keep positive by focusing your mind on positive things, or just keeping a balanced theme going by reading positive and negative stuff. The world is full of both positive and negative energy. Try and find a slot where your realistic but at the same time optimistic and neutral.

Neutral thought allows a great freedom of perspective to situations as they arise.

Your simply experiencing fear and despair like many are. Best to avoid the news and stick with reading or watching positive things. Try and get to a peaceful place just being alone and quiet. Make peace with yourself and your surroundings.

You may be experiencing a change as normally you have interactions in person with people......or your more outside of your house? Be sure this Covid thing will not last forever, and it will make you a stronger person in the end!

I'll try to consult now a doctor since this ringing still exist but not as often as before. I envy people like you who can face covid without fear, how do you do it?

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #13 of 48
Hey there, I have anxiety much like you. I've dealt with it most of my life. The pandemic has made things much worse for me at times also. I was really scared but also thankful when I was able to get my vaccines earlier this year in March/April. The 1st I had no side-effects, and the 2nd greatly increased my chronic pain condition and gave me headaches and chills for a few days. I was back to normal after the 14-day waiting period. I started going out more. I got a hair cut, went on vacation over the summer, got back into physical therapy, and now there's a new variant that scares me again. I'm still going out to spend time with family, but I have cut back more on leaving my home once again.

Dealing with daily chronic anxiety/panic attacks is not fun, but specifically thinking about the virus and things of that nature can make it even harder to deal with. Like someone said above, accepting it and pushing through it is one way to cope. Some other ways that I have found to be helpful include medication, meditation, exercise, and distraction. These tools all have their uses, and whatever you choose to use is whatever works best for you in that moment.

Try to breathe deeply and actually feel your body existing. Pick something you can notice like the clothes touching your skin or a sound you can hear and focus on that one thing. That's a meditation technique called mindfulness. Let the anxious thoughts come into your mind without pushing them away, but go back to the thing you choose to focus on over and over until you feel calm. It usually only takes a few minutes and works very well.

The medication kind of works on its own to calm you down, but it takes some time to absorb into your brain (not instant) and usually not recommended unless you have a chronic problem that other methods will not work.

Exercising is kind of a distraction as it gets your mind to focus on your muscles that are feeling the strain of the weights, or I like to put on my favorite headphones and listen to my favorite songs while I go for a walk at night.

You can use other things to distract you too. Music and video games are what work best for me. Just hop into something mindless like an online multiplayer game, racing game, or something simple on my iPad takes my mind off of my worries. Movies, TV shows, or video games with a story I have to follow are harder for me when I'm feeling anxious, but try to find something that works for you.

Stay off the news and social media websites. The vaccine is a powerful medicine that is working hard to protect you and keep you safe. Drink plenty of water, get enough sleep, eat a piece of fruit. We're going to get through this together and everything is going to be okay.

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #14 of 48
Covid fears and anxiety are spread by the damn media’s. Let’s face it, you are talking about a virus that has a very low mortality rate. The recovery is pretty and more than 95%. At this rate, driving on the road can get you kill at a higher probability.

Just live your life, if you worry and have anxiety, you are already at losses, don’t let stupid media’s get to you. Take responsibility to prevent the virus to contaminate and potentially infect others, beside that, there are a lot of activities in life that has a much higher mortality rate

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #15 of 48
I'll try to consult now a doctor since this ringing still exist but not as often as before. I envy people like you who can face covid without fear, how do you do it?
No, I have fear, note I said “Your simply experiencing fear and despair like many are”.....that includes me! Lol

Of course I have fear, you would be crazy not to. But still to have too much of the emotion is not good either. Thus despair and fear to a certain point are natural and healthy. I have done a small amount of research into this third wave. At one point there was 7000 people who died in a 5 days period, in my country. My Mother-in-law and my Uncle died from Covid. This crap is real. But also we must just go on with life. No matter how much of it we have. There are almost 8 billion people in the world, in 64 years the population will double again to 16 billion. I’m not so sure resources can support that. Soo nature does what it does. Best to enjoy life by doing what you want and try not to be pulled down by the media.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back