Couple of questions about the ksc-75s
Sep 16, 2009 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

oakleyguy89

100+ Head-Fier
So, I want a good pair of regular headphones that are somewhat portable and have been doing some research on the ksc-75s. I read that they are really good headphones when you do the kramer mod on them. Im not a big fan of the clip phones, I prefer them with a headband and read somewhere on here that you can buy the portapros headband and connect the 75s on them since the clips are interchangable? I also read somewhere that they are the exact same 60ohm drivers as the portapros? Is that true, or are they diferent drivers? How well would these phones do with something like a fiio e5 amp? Has anybody tried them with an e5? Thanks guys!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 10
yes, I use them with an E5 all the time. very full sound for two such low-cost items.

The kramer mod does improve the sound, imo.

I could be wrong, but I think the portapro uses the same drivers, but the ksc75s have that titanium layer instead of whatever the portapros use. I'm pretty sure the headband is interchangable with both versions, or else you can use those super cheapie parts express headbands, or any other that use that standard clip mechanism (it seems to be pretty common in cheaper headphones).

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #3 of 10
Cool, so the e5 does make a diference. Yeah, I also read on here that someone took off that whole plastic grill on his and just ordered sennheiser px200 pads and slipped them on his ksc75s and he said it improved the sound a bit as well.

Sep 16, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 10
Personally, I didn't notice any noticeable difference after doing the Kramer mod, but then, I also don't use an amp. I might try out the Fiio E5 amp since it's extremely cheap anyways
biggrin.gif

They're great for home listening or listening while studying at school or whatever, but during transit (taking the bus or subway/skytrain) the noise pretty much blocks out the sound. If you turn it up too much, the sound will leak and people around you WILL be able to hear quite clearly what you're listening to and might get annoyed.

Sep 16, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #5 of 10
I don't find a huge difference with my E3 and love the increased comfort and better staging of the px200 pads. Also, you can buy a pair of cheap-o phones from parts direct for 2$ and use that band.

I preferred the kramered 75's to PortaPro's, IE8's and NE7M's, for what its worth.

Sep 16, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by joincoolkidclub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't find a huge difference with my E3 and love the increased comfort and better staging of the px200 pads. Also, you can buy a pair of cheap-o phones from parts direct for 2$ and use that band.

I preferred the kramered 75's to PortaPro's, IE8's and NE7M's, for what its worth.

Really? I love my ne-7ms alot, so you think Ill love the kramered 75s over the 7ms?

Sep 16, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #7 of 10
Also, whats the best site to get the fiio e5 from? I looked on amazon.com and they are 51 freakin dollars plus another 13 dollars to ship. And im in united states too! What a rip.

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by oakleyguy89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? I love my ne-7ms alot, so you think Ill love the kramered 75s over the 7ms?

I think in the end only you can answer this question.

The 75's were not designed to isolate and won't but sound more energetic and balanced vs. the 7m's bassy presentation.

Sep 16, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back