Could not edit my profiles and create new post on a Mac
May 16, 2010 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FritzS

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I could not edit my profiles  "edit community profiles"  and "edit account details"  don't work - I could not post too!

I use an Mac with SnowLeopard 10.6.3 and Safari or Firefox or SeaMonky

Subscription Notification links going to the first page of a thread and not to the current page or latest message.

I want to change the subscription messages mails to plain text (current html) too!

What's wrong?

PS: I wrote this with Firefox for Windows under Crossover (Wine) Windows emulation on Mac.

May 16, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 5
Hi,
I found the error self  
smile.gif

Scripts from other domains are blocked in all my browsers - I must allow scripts from yahooapis.com too (from head-fi.org allowed) that posting and changing works at head-fi.org - this for Firefox & Seamonkey ...

This is not optimal for browser security!

With all others of internet forums I have no problem.

More info about
http://noscript.net/about/yahooapis.com;yahooapis.com

May 16, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 5
For Safari I use Glimmerblocker   http://www.glimmerblocker.org/

I must create a white list rule to allow[size=small] host: yui.yahooapis.com  path: /combo[/size]

Which scripts from yui.yahooapis.com must be allowed?

Conclusion - if scripts from yahooapis.com are blocked the head-fi forum functionality don't work well!

May 16, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 5
I recommend that, if you want to be paranoid about scripts, you use Firefox with NoScript.  It has a menu with a very convenient system for allowing individual sites as required.  Allowing Yahoo's APIs is not a security risk.  The security problems with Javascript come from malicious sites set up to turn people's computers into spam drones or install other malicious software on them.  If you were to whitelist a site and all the scripts it uses from places such as Yahoo, for instance, if someone somehow managed to get a remote malicious script linked on the site, you'd still be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back