Cosmic Versus Little With Premium Module
Jun 24, 2002 at 10:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

FCJ

Propz go out to his homeez at Burrz-Brownz!
I'm about to sell my Little More Power amp (it's the older one, not the most recent). I'm considering either the Cosmic (I'll get the Base Station One later) or the Little with Premium module. Besides the portable advantage with the Cosmic, are these two amps similar in sound? Is it worth it to go for the Cosmic?

Jun 24, 2002 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 9
I've never tried the Little, but when compared to the Maxed Out Home I think the Cosmic’s performance is excellent. In fact, the Cosmic is good enough to make both the HD600 and AKG501 portable headphones! Not that I would go jogging with them. But it is nice to be able to use them when not tethered to the MOH, like at work or when lying in the hammock.

Jun 24, 2002 at 4:52 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by DeanA
I've never tried the Little, but when compared to the Maxed Out Home I think the Cosmic’s performance is excellent. In fact, the Cosmic is good enough to make both the HD600 and AKG501 portable headphones! Not that I would go jogging with them. But it is nice to be able to use them when not tethered to the MOH, like at work or when lying in the hammock.

I'm glad to hear that the Cosmic works well with both the HD600 and the 501s, since I have both and use them all the time with the Little.

DeanA--does your Cosmic have the Base Station One or are your comments based on the regular Cosmic?

Jun 24, 2002 at 5:29 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ
does your Cosmic have the Base Station One or are your comments based on the regular Cosmic?

I use the supplied power supply. I haven't had a need for the Base Station One yet since of have the MOH at home. But the MOH is for my headphone-only setup. Eventually I may get the BSO for my speaker system. The nice thing about the supplied PS is how well it fits with the Travelers Bag. One side fits the PS the other the battery holder. When I get to work I unzip the Travelers Bag bottom, unplug the battery connection from the Cosmic, attach the AC PS and plug the PS into the AC outlet. Unzip the front, plug in the headphones, power up and I’m good to go. Nothing except the AC plug leaves the bag.

Jun 25, 2002 at 1:37 AM Post #8 of 9
Don't you need special cables with the Cosmic, since, I believe, the connectors are smaller and recessed? Headroom's web site lists special cables for the Cosmic, and it says you can't use locking cables (therefore I'm selling my Outlaws).

Jun 25, 2002 at 2:59 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ
Don't you need special cables with the Cosmic, since, I believe, the connectors are smaller and recessed?

I'm not sure the connectors are smaller, but they are recessed so the shell around the connector needs to be smaller. The connectors I got for my MOH were too large, but a cheap plasic pair I had laying around fit the recessed area. Of course, that was only until the pair I ordered from Headroom arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back