Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Feb 6, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #4,577 of 5,310
Just some update imoressions :
I have mine about 6 month mow and use them every day at work. Built quality seems absolutely great and they even survived a few drops but still look like new and work perfectly. The cable is great also, tangles like crazy but once you wear you will forget its there.

PS: is there anybody who has a 2 pin cable from CE and can tell me if it has a chin slider?

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #4,579 of 5,310
Just some update imoressions :
I have mine about 6 month mow and use them every day at work. Built quality seems absolutely great and they even survived a few drops but still look like new and work perfectly. The cable is great also, tangles like crazy but once you wear you will forget its there.

PS: is there anybody who has a 2 pin cable from CE and can tell me if it has a chin slider?

Nice, one trick for the tangle is to slide the chin slider up to the iems, and then let the cable coil naturally.  After that it should be ok (but still tangles, just less). 

Feb 10, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #4,584 of 5,310
What do your pair look like?

EDIT: Didn't see your picture when I viewed on mobile, I think the subtleness of yours suits the red quite well though

I have grown quite attached to my CIEMs and that subtleness is one of the key pointers I love. I haven't been able to use them in almost 2 months now though :frowning2:. My cable gave out and Cosmic has been restocking. Hopefully I will have my cable soon.

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #4,585 of 5,310
Yeah, its a shame, I've had two broken cables, one I'd used a few times, the other got a good long use out of, got one replaced but I don't currently need a second.
Nothing bad on the cables, the recent one was used at the gym so a lot of moisture and moving about in it. Still freaking love linum cables

Feb 11, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #4,586 of 5,310
No. CE4E=BA4F, CE4P=BA4R.

That's what I assumed too, because that was the naming convention for the 6-driver. But Phil told me this was not the case. The CE4P is the only 4-driver they still have and is the same as the BA4F, not the BA4R. The latter was discontinued completely and doesn't exist anymore.

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #4,588 of 5,310

That's what I assumed too, because that was the naming convention for the 6-driver. But Phil told me this was not the case. The CE4P is the only 4-driver they still have and is the same as the BA4F, not the BA4R. The latter was discontinued completely and doesn't exist anymore.

Thanks for clarification. BA4R was a really good sounding CIEM at resonable price. IMO Phil should replace it with simiarily tuned CIEM.

Feb 14, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #4,589 of 5,310
I just contacted Phil earlier today, because of some problem with my order. I also asked if he would introduce a new flagship in foreseeable future. He said, he's currently working on something. And just now i see cosmicears CE10P is available for demo, 10 drivers as the new flagship?

sorry if this is not a new discovery, but I am excited! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back