Cosmic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 6, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #61 of 100
Ian is indeed amazing. He has offered to make me another cable to make up for the lost / not delivered one (not using Royal Mail this time of course).
I am sure you will love it. He made me a silver cable for my LCD-3 & it it just great, really improves on the stock cable by a considerable margin, very detailed without being harsh, music sounds extremely real.

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #62 of 100
Cosmic Cables coming in clutch again with custom connector colors. This time got Black Gold Metallic.
20210416_175808.jpg

Came with a color matched bag.
20210416_180737.jpg

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #64 of 100
Great Aqueous cable received from cosmic to complete my bedroom listening set-up. Not had enough use to analyse any audible upgrade from the stock Audeze cable. However it is immediately an improvement on the usability front as haven’t yet woken up with it in a tangled mess 😁
31E9DB0E-C67B-4946-82DB-BF4DCCF87497.jpeg

May 16, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #65 of 100
Happy to contribute that all the comments about Ian and his customer service are true. Weekday or weekend, day or night, he always replied very quickly. My new cable is a work in progress at Cosmic, and I'll report back once she's home !

May 27, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #66 of 100
Happy to contribute that all the comments about Ian and his customer service are true. Weekday or weekend, day or night, he always replied very quickly. My new cable is a work in progress at Cosmic, and I'll report back once she's home !
Well, she's home and I couldn't be happier. The cable exceeded my expectations in terms of build quality and what it delivered to my ears. I know how subjective these things are but equally I know what i heard. In my feedback to Ian i said this:
"Space, separation, they're all there. But most of all balance, balance in spades. The kind of balance that draws the best out of each component, each instrument, every voice."
This cable has reinvigorated my enthusiasm for hifi and high Res music and cannot thank Ian enough for his product and his customer service.

Jun 1, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #68 of 100
Hi all.
I'm new to this site and relatively new to the audiophile world, although I grew up in the 80s with a love of music, vinyl, turntables and audio equipment and that's continued through my life, but it's only been in the last few years I've been in a decent financial position to endulge my interest, passion and pleasure of audiophile quality equipment.
Recently I've bought a few different pairs of headphones and earphones/IEMs and I have already heard the benefits from the upgrades I've made to my stereo etc as better power cables, interconnects, speaker cables etc, and there fore I can understand the benefit of choosing ideal upgrade cables for those head/earphones.
So as I searched about on line I started to read little bits about "crescent moon" and I stubbled across Ians website/cables and this site/discussion.
Over the last couple of months I've been searching about for an ideal upgraded cable as me reading plenty of reviews and seeking out different cables/makers etc but as me lacking knowledge and experience to feel I could make a good cable choice. And I'd often find myself back here and re-reading all that's been said on here, to which point I'm now talking to Ian about me possibly buying my 1st earphone upgrade cable and possibly as the crescent moon cable.
So I just wanted to say thank you too you all for sharing your knowledge, reviews and experience publically on here, as its very much a big help for a novice like me, and has helped me feel confident I'm talking to the right guy to get a cable from, since you all hold Ian and his work in such high regard.
Many thanks

Dec 20, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #71 of 100
Had my single sleeve style (Sandstorm) cable with blue connectors (from crystal cavern version) Custom cable from Ian Cosmic cables.

Been testing it out for the last month or so here are some pics with my AT-MSr7bs :-

DSC_3378.JPG

DSC_3445.JPG

Ian did a fantastic job with answering my questions and concerns, and I asked for right angled 3.5 jack with the blue connectors to match my existing blue AT-msr7bs, the main reason for the cable upgrade was the original cables Auto tangle like an nightmare. I am happy to say these don't tangle and this is with me flipping my headphones
back to front on my desk and same on and off my shoulders (their portable so cups flip over), after so many years of living with tangle hell I could kiss my new custom Cosmic cable.

Only thing ill add, I was not aware how heavy that headphone splitter bit was and how metallic it was, if you have a table it may bang a bit, luckily Ian put on some plastic
rubber wraps to make it a bit better. I think this is good alternative, otherwise no splitter I might have got more tangles, it needs a bit of weight and separation perhaps to not tangle although you might be better off getting no splitter though and then taking it on from there.

These are high quality life time cables, I can get them updated to balanced jacks in future, hopefully even adjusted connectors if a new pair of HPs arrive.

Ian went well out of his way twice on my cables, I can recommend him and cosmic cables.

Dec 26, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #72 of 100
Echoing the opinions already voiced in this thread, Ian is the man for cables in the UK. I wish I'd discovered him earlier.

Exemplary customer service and all-around nice chap. Factor in his (astonishingly quick) turn around times and cable quality to the price, and it makes you wonder how much kool-aid other cable makers must be drinking. By the gallon load in some cases :money_mouth:

Thanks again @Saturnian

Here's my TH900 adorned with the Aladdin's Cave.

full

Jan 11, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #73 of 100
Big thank you to Ian and cosmic cables for a) the patience to deal my never ending emails and b) for a banging new cable for my 660s.. I opted for sandstorm which looks great. Buid quality and sound is top notch. The xc's are next on the list for a spruce up. Thaks again, happy to recommend.

Attachments

• IMG-20220110-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20220110-WA0004.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20220110-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20220110-WA0000.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jan 24, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #74 of 100
I was scrolling online where I came across Ian and Cosmic cables on this forum so I wanted to post some photos of his fine work and show my appreciation

It took a while finding someone trustworthy and that doesnt take 2 months to get back to you. The last expensive set I brought did not last very long so I was very cautious entering the world of cables again. Ian crafted me up 3 amazing cables in I think 2 or 3 days neither is he expensive and gave me a better product than 1 paid 3 x more 7 months ago.

I Had to ask him to hold delivery until I returned from a work trip! Very responsive on email and one of the best services I have used in a very long time! All 3 cables are 2 pin, 4mm balanced cables for my Empire Ears iems. Neptune Iem cable, Hybrid Iem Gold, New Moon Collection iem cable.

EDIT: if anyone can point me to the newb tuturial on how to post an image that might be good start!
7Qwh8rru5IGR

Thanks Ian and speak soon.
Karl

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #75 of 100
I was scrolling online where I came across Ian and Cosmic cables on this forum so I wanted to post some photos of his fine work and show my appreciation

It took a while finding someone trustworthy and that doesnt take 2 months to get back to you. The last expensive set I brought did not last very long so I was very cautious entering the world of cables again. Ian crafted me up 3 amazing cables in I think 2 or 3 days neither is he expensive and gave me a better product than 1 paid 3 x more 7 months ago.

I Had to ask him to hold delivery until I returned from a work trip! Very responsive on email and one of the best services I have used in a very long time! All 3 cables are 2 pin, 4mm balanced cables for my Empire Ears iems. Neptune Iem cable, Hybrid Iem Gold, New Moon Collection iem cable.

EDIT: if anyone can point me to the newb tuturial on how to post an image that might be a start 😊

Thanks Ian and speak soon.
Karl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back