Cosmetics of Electronics
Feb 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

iq160plus

100+ Head-Fier
I buy for functionality 99% and the one percent for looks, mostly based on size and not color.  I could care less about colors! But hey,  that's me.  When it is dying, I replace unless the prices of a new item is very low because it's not latest and greatest but it has a great more functionality than what I have.

Will you pay $5 or $10 bucks to buy the exact same item but with a different color?

Feb 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 8
I care a great deal about looks. Obviously, functionality comes first, but I don't mind shelling out a little extra for the looks alone. When I upgrade depends on many different things - do I have cash to blow, do I feel I really need it? Obviously, I'll be buying new when something breaks, but I usually get to do so before than even happens.

Feb 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #3 of 8
Looks matter a lot to me to be perfectly honest. They'll never overtake function for me (I guess that's why I own the LCD 2), but it's important.

I find that I have to defend my LCD 2 more than any headphone I've owned before because first impressions aren't great. 'Damn those are huge and look ridiculous'. Yeah, but they sound amazing.

It's what gives you the first impression of a product, so I'd say that alone is important. It's also the first thing that draws me in. For instance...the first thing I do in a review is look for pictures. I don't just dive right into the write up.

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
I care a great deal about looks. Obviously, functionality comes first, but I don't mind shelling out a little extra for the looks alone. When I upgrade depends on many different things - do I have cash to blow, do I feel I really need it? Obviously, I'll be buying new when something breaks, but I usually get to do so before than even happens.

Quote:
Looks matter a lot to me to be perfectly honest. They'll never overtake function for me (I guess that's why I own the LCD 2), but it's important.

It's what gives you the first impression of a product, so I'd say that alone is important. It's also the first thing that draws me in. For instance...the first thing I do in a review is look for pictures. I don't just dive right into the write up.

Agree with these.

Feb 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #6 of 8
Kirosia likes pretty shiny things. He wants to someday purchase a Sony NEX-7 even though it's arguably overpriced and lacking in function compared to rival products, but it looks nice.

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #7 of 8
Looks are quite important to me, and often times between products at a similar level they'll decide the issue for me. I chose my Denon AH-D5000s almost completely based on looks, and the looks of the Beyerdynamic T1 helped sway me towards it.

I also have an incredible hatred of modifications, so I never modify my equipment if I can help it.

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #8 of 8
It is not the same thing, but I have one of the most filled PC desktops, in fact on my laptop two.  Everything is there.  If I am sitting there, I have an application open so so i don't see the desktop for long anyway.  My desktops are full but organized in my own way.  I rarely must hit the START button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back