Corda Swing or C2-C?
May 29, 2009 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

umbalito

New Head-Fier
Any thoughts on this?

Although I believe the Swing just came out, so not very many people probably have 'em yet.

I've been eyeing a C2C because of all the press here, plus it's pretty much right within the max of my budget. But then I saw the Swing at pretty much the same price, and since I own a 2Move, and actually quite like the crossfeed feature I'm wondering how it would compare to the C2-C.

This'll be paired with a Keces DA-151 USB DAC. Any opinions? Is the C2-C going to be that much better?

I'm currently using the amp section of a Dared MP-5, and I think both the Swing and C2C are going to be fairly substantial upgrades, or not?

Cans will 'soon' be K701's or DT880's. Currently AKG K271's for now.

Thanks!!

May 29, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 15
how about ef1 ? some say good match for k701 and in the same price tag

May 29, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #3 of 15
i would choose the Swing, Jan's amp are top notch when comes to SQ and build quality
wink.gif

May 29, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #5 of 15
have you looked into the KICAS Caliente ?

May 30, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #6 of 15
I just got brave and ordered the C-2C after considering the Meier Arietta/Swing, KICAS, and a couple of others.

The C-2C is quite new but gets very good reviews. It's also on sale until tomorrow. Right now its $335 plus shipping, tomorrow it will jump to probably $4##. So you can't really go wrong, you shouldn't lose much if you decide to resell it later given the impending price jump. At least that was my excuse
biggrin.gif
Now I just need an excuse for a DAC upgrade... perhaps to "unleash the C-2C's full potential" when I get it?
wink.gif

**Edit**

Should add that the sale is an introductary promotion thing, not an end of life thing or anything like that.

May 30, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #7 of 15
May 30, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #10 of 15
I'm curious about getting the C2C or Phoenix and running the digital line out from my sound card ... I have a Compass now but of course , i'm real curious to hear an upgrade from that ...

May 30, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skorpitarius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious about getting the C2C or Phoenix and running the digital line out from my sound card ... I have a Compass now but of course , i'm real curious to hear an upgrade from that ...

I'm guessing you know that neither the C2C nor Phoenix have DACs in them? I'd say you need a very good DAC to go with a Phoenix.

Nuvolari: Search for "Head Direct EF1".

May 31, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #14 of 15
Thanxs mr currawong, Which advantage have an hybrid amp over SS?
Is a good matching (EF1, C2C, I appreciate other alternatives) for DT880 and Grado cans?
I know that are very different models (low impedance and medium impedance headphone) but I am completely lost to buy a new amp. (Now I use a Little dot MKII for DT880pro and SR80, and I will buy Grado RS1 in future)

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back