Corda Move USB.. Crazy Jitter!
Aug 22, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try disabling aero. That will speed up the most the cpu and gpu and it might help.

thanks you for the answer , but i don't use vista , i'm an old fashen that use XP mk1 .
and if you don't mind what is it GPU ?
thanks

Aug 22, 2008 at 11:40 AM Post #17 of 24
Here's an idea.
If I take my old motorola RAZR charger (constant 5 volt output 550mAh) and solder that to the USB cable (so instead of the 5volt delivered by my PC USB port) going to the Move,
will my Windows still be able to detect the Move?

Aug 22, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's an idea.
If I take my old motorola RAZR charger (constant 5 volt output 550mAh) and solder that to the USB cable (so instead of the 5volt delivered by my PC USB port) going to the Move,
will my Windows still be able to detect the Move?

Not if said USB cable is not connected to the PC. That might just increase the voltage and it seems like it might provide an opportunity for even more noise. At best, it works, but seems doubtful. At worst, you fry both the Move and the USB interface on the computer.

Aug 22, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #19 of 24
I think you misunderstood.
I was thinking of using the 5 volt from the charger instead of the PC USB 5 volt.
So the 5 volt cables in the PC USB cable will be cut, and near the mini-usb plug I'll solder the RAZR 5 volt cables to it.

Aug 23, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

I think you misunderstood.
I was thinking of using the 5 volt from the charger instead of the PC USB 5 volt.
So the 5 volt cables in the PC USB cable will be cut, and near the mini-usb plug I'll solder the RAZR 5 volt cables to it.

Ok got you. It might, but just seems dirty, those RAZR chargers are just so darn handy. They charge phones, iPods if your DIY inclined, all sorts of cool stuff. If you got a powered USB hub, you'll have a problem solved for all of your USB audio devices like an upgraded DAC in the future.

Aug 23, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #21 of 24
Hmm.. bought a powered USB hub, didn't take the hiss away, just reduced it.
Easy solution (why didn't I think of it before...
rolleyes.gif
) Use the Shure Attenuator. Now all I hear is what I want to hear
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Easy solution (why didn't I think of it before...
rolleyes.gif
) Use the Shure Attenuator. Now all I hear is what I want to hear
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works but wouldn't that just bring down the level of everything, noise and music?

Aug 25, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Operandi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works but wouldn't that just bring down the level of everything, noise and music?

Yes, but as long as you have enough headroom on the volume knob, you have the music coming in much louder.
(40x louder music + same hiss)/40 = 1/40th the old hiss volume at the same music volume (the factor of 40 was arbitrarily chosen).

Aug 25, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by cerbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but as long as you have enough headroom on the volume knob, you have the music coming in much louder.
(40x louder music + same hiss)/40 = 1/40th the old hiss volume at the same music volume (the factor of 40 was arbitrarily chosen).

That explanation makes sense...

But if that solved the problem than it wasn't jitter to begin with but some sort of noise being introduced into the output of the DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back