Corda Move + Super.fi 5 Pro
Jul 5, 2007 at 9:44 AM Post #2 of 14
I've used this combination but not under the correct setting so I don't want to comment on the sound.

The amp has a low gain mode, switchable by jumper, which makes it more suitable for IEMs and other light loads. I can confirm that there's no hum or other noise.

Jul 5, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #3 of 14
Well, first off the 5 Pro is a very sensitive IEM.

Also, it does not benefit greatly from an after-market amp. It is best used straight out of a portable player.

Jul 5, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, it does not benefit greatly from an after-market amp. It is best used straight out of a portable player.

Thanks.

I was thinking about upgrading my source as well, actually, and the move fulfils that requirement too.

I also have a ER4P, and that presumably does improve appreciably with an amp (especially If I buy the converter)?

Jul 5, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by xand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone used this combination? How does it sound?

Most importantly, will it be nice and silent when no music is playing (like, say, the hornet) or horrible and noisy (even stuff like the millet is).

MOVE is a very great portable amp, but we have to pair it with IEM for synergistic. Its sonic charter is a good match with E500 and UM2 in my rig. However, it is another issue when pairs it with Super.fi 5 Pro, while it will emphasized the weakness of this IEM. With MOVE, Super.fi 5 Pro sounds muddled in bass, significant roll-off in treble. However, changing the MOVE with RSA Tomahawk, then it is another story. While the brighter and forward sounding of Tomahawk makes the Super.fi 5 Pro be more dynamic and balance in frequency, also the definition in bass is still noticeable. It doesn't mean MOVE is worse than RSA Tomahawk, only its sonic signature is not synergy with Super.fi 5 Pro.

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by xand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone else have any comments?

Again, it would be good to have further confirmation that the Move has as low a noise floor as the Hornet (i.e. no buzz or other noise except when music is playing) when used as

(a) a DAC; and
(b) a portable amplifier.

For the noise concern, MOVE is a black hole.
580smile.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #9 of 14
quote Also, it does not benefit greatly from an after-market amp. It is best used straight out of a portable player.

I agree, this is a wise comment. In some cases the sound will be worse.

May 26, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
quote Also, it does not benefit greatly from an after-market amp. It is best used straight out of a portable player.

I agree, this is a wise comment. In some cases the sound will be worse.

Right, but he is also looking to get a noise-free solution. With Corda there is no noise regardless of how sensitive the IEMs are,; now when I connect sensitive IEMs to my Sony NWZ-A818 the noise can be veeery irritating.

May 26, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Must agree. You are not going to gain much if anything amping those babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back