CORDA HA-1 MkII or HA-2 MkII
Jun 28, 2005 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Sharkie

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I finally decided to get a decent amp for my HD600. I have gone through a lot of the post mailed on this forum lately. I think that the amps from Meier would be a good choice for me, but.. i just can't make the choice between the HA-1 and the HA-2. I'm just wondering if it is really worth the extra money to go for the HA-2. I know that the sky is the limit, but I'd like to avoid an overkill. My source will be an Onky CD player DX-7333. I rather like it, but I know there are more sophisticated sources out there. Could any of you help me out. Is the difference between the two amps really that big that I should go for the HA-2 for my setup?

Thanks for your help!

Jun 28, 2005 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 9
O, you have an Onky!
wink.gif
Well, anyway, I'd say the HA-1 II should be good enough.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jun 29, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #3 of 9
i haven't heard the HA-2, but i owned an HA-1 MkII and i've heard the Prehead, and i don't think there is a ton of difference between the HA-1 MkII and the Prehead. i would go with the HA-1 MkII.

Jun 29, 2005 at 8:22 AM Post #5 of 9
Dear Sharkie,

The HA-2 MkII indeed is a clearly better amp than the HA-1 MkII but it also costs considerably more.

You may consider the summer special on the HA-2 MkI for Head-Fi members. Info can be found at the "Member of the trade sponsored threads forum"

In price this amp is now very close to the HA-1 MkII but it certainly offers a better sound quality and more options.

Cheers

Jan

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #9 of 9
> Bummer, it only comes in a 110 V version; I live in Europe....

Mmm...

I could do make the conversion to a 230V version if you like me to. Simply send me a mail.

Cheers,

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back