Corda HA-1 MK1
post-788603
Post #1 of 4

yammy1688

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Bought one a few months back off a fellow head-fier for a work rig, where it performed just fine.

Just recently sold my Prehead, so while waiting for my amp upgrade, I decided to bring this puppy home and plug in my 600's+cardas in just hold me over.

Won't go into too much detail, but I'm truely suprised how good it sounds. To think I got this thing for $200. It was for sale, but I'm definitely keeping it now

post-788717
Post #2 of 4

Ross

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I also have an HA-1 Mk1 (and am about to buy a Prehead) and was also surprised how good this amp sounds. In a recent comparison of all my amps, it ranked with the best and only very slightly below my favourite amp, the Headroom MOH (old version). It has a similar sound to the MOH, dark, rich and liquid, especially in the midrange.

Yammy, how do you think it compares to the Prehead? Are the two amps tonally similar? Is one darker/brighter than the other?

post-788720
Post #3 of 4

Iron_Dreamer

Member of the Trade: HeadAmp
Landscape-Photo-Fi
Organizer for Can Jam '09
Reaction score
I was lucky to pick one up last summer for $150, and it was a good little amp for me for a number of months until I got this gilmore for the same price

post-790139
Post #4 of 4

yammy1688

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I found the sound very similar, but the Prehead just had more refinement, eg: Highs weren't as harsh, and bass had more control. Mids more liquidy. The difference wasn't nearly as dramatic as I anticipated. I think corda amps are happy when you provide a good source. In my case, I've got a RME PST going to a Big Ben.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross
I also have an HA-1 Mk1 (and am about to buy a Prehead) and was also surprised how good this amp sounds. In a recent comparison of all my amps, it ranked with the best and only very slightly below my favourite amp, the Headroom MOH (old version). It has a similar sound to the MOH, dark, rich and liquid, especially in the midrange.

Yammy, how do you think it compares to the Prehead? Are the two amps tonally similar? Is one darker/brighter than the other?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)