Corda Cantate.2?
Nov 26, 2008 at 8:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Joriarty

New Head-Fier
Jan Meier's website is listing a "Corda Cantate.2", and there is no photo appearing. I'm sure the site wasn't like that yesterday...

Anyone know what the story is? I was already considering buying a Cantate, so an upgrade could be nice. Sounds like he might be bringing out an upgraded version...

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 9
Price is up only $10 from the previous $460 (a price that was down $25 from the original $485).

Jan doesn't clarify what the "2" means, though.
Let's hope he does.

This is the one I think I'll buy to pair with my HD650.....
normal_smile .gif

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by conquerermtm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Price is up only $10 from the previous $460 (a price that was down $25 from the original $485).

Jan doesn't clarify what the "2" means, though.
Let's hope he does.

This is the one I think I'll buy to pair with my HD650.....
normal_smile .gif

I thought the price went up $10...

...and a photo is up. The top bit that covers the ventilation holes looks a different shape than it used to be, I'm sure...!

Come on Jan, what's the story?
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 9:52 AM Post #5 of 9
Dear Headfellows,

> Come on Jan, what's the story?

No big story. I personally never was very satisfied with the looks of the CANTATE. The round cover plate somehow never really fitted.

I therefore ordered an extra set of plates to replace the old ones.

Of course, if people prefer the old looks, it is still possible to order the "old version" at the old price, but I feel the much better looks is really worth the little extra.

The CANTATE now not only pleases the ears but also the eyes! (At least it does in my opinion)

Cheers

Jan

Nov 29, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #6 of 9
I like the new plate. Any way to get the new plate for retrofitting? Price for shipping to the USA?

(Jan says he doesn't have enough spare plates for us to retrofit. [sigh])

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #8 of 9
Still wishing for a totally black version. This is to match the rest of my hifi equipment, that's all black.

Also, the top plate has always seemed odd to me (and I'm sure to a lot of other people here). How about an array of square holes at the sides (my Bluray player has this)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back