corda aria
Mar 2, 2006 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cwuzer

100+ Head-Fier
how is the corda aria with senns?

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 7
I have the Aria with the HD580, DT880 and K501. My opnions are as follows:

1) K501: a little too warm for my taste. Almost to the point of like the piano's hammer is hitting the strings with a cloth in between. Huge soundstage though.

2) HD580: Good details, smaller sounstage but great synergy. This combo sounds very good except for the soundstage.

3) DT880: Heavenly. A little bright but it sounds very good to my ears.

[EDIT]: Forget Aria with any of the Grado/Alessandro. It just sounds too boomy, way too much bass.

Mar 2, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sionghchan
[EDIT]: Forget Aria with any of the Grado/Alessandro. It just sounds too boomy, way too much bass.

The Aria with my MS2i (flats) give me an incredible amount of bass. But in my opinion the bass is not boomy, there is a lot of it but its tight, very well controlled and has excellent impact... all without any side effects to the midrange/treble.

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm very happy with the Aria and my 225s too. With bowls they don't sound as thin or harsh in the highs as they do from my TAH or unamped. With flats there is a lot of bass
basshead.gif
but to me it is well controlled and there isn't the muddying of the mid/treble range there is with the TAH or unamped (or at least much less of it).

Works great with my 595s too. Really improved the bass impact which they did lack before from my other sources/amp.

Ant

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 7
With my HD650s + Equinox cable the sound is very nice as well. But I can tell you this, you have to like the Senn sound to start off with. The Aria does not add anything at all...neutral perhaps is the word. What it does do is give you the Senn sound with control\accuracy\detail\instrument seperation\smoothness - characteristics of the amp that apply when using any of my headphones.

Another point to note is that the Aria is very revealing. I wasn't really impressed when I put some of my fav cds at the time I bought the Aria. But as I go through my cds I could clearly note the differences between a well recorded one and a 'ok' one. With the well recorded cds my setup does not leave me with wanting more
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by practitioner
The Aria with my MS2i (flats) give me an incredible amount of bass. But in my opinion the bass is not boomy, there is a lot of it but its tight, very well controlled and has excellent impact... all without any side effects to the midrange/treble.

My appologies, I should qualify my statement a little more. TO MY TASTE, and only with the cans that I own (MS1 and SR60), I found the MS1s and SR60s to be too boomy for me when it is put with Aria. However, I'm one who thinks that K501 has enough bass ... so, there...I'm not a basshead.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by practitioner
Another point to note is that the Aria is very revealing. I wasn't really impressed when I put some of my fav cds at the time I bought the Aria. But as I go through my cds I could clearly note the differences between a well recorded one and a 'ok' one. With the well recorded cds my setup does not leave me with wanting more
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree. It is same with my K271S (zu cable).
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back