copying HDCDs
Apr 1, 2004 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

sleepkyng

Headphoneus Supremus
if i wanted to make a backup copy of an hdcd
wink.gif
can i just import the wavs, then burn the wavs onto a cd-r?

will it maintain the hdcd quality?

Apr 1, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #4 of 15
no problems here. i extract and burn an hdcd disc with EAC, pop in the cd-r in my cd player and the hdcd indicator still lights up.

Apr 1, 2004 at 6:07 AM Post #6 of 15
There is no EAC on the Mac (the closest thing is cdparanoia). Someday they're supposed to finish a newer version of cdparanoia with a better user interface. No idea when though.

Apr 1, 2004 at 7:44 AM Post #10 of 15
Um, Nero, Roxio, CloneCD, Alcohol 120%, CDRWin, Blindwrite... need I go on?
biggrin.gif

In other words, just put the original in one drive, a blank in the other, and hit copy.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Apr 1, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #12 of 15
It's hard to tell with the smiley faces if you're being serious or not, but you can still do a direct copy without two cdroms. The data just gets copied to the harddrive first.

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:01 PM Post #14 of 15
Sleepyking: Just specify the source reader and output burner as the same drive in your burning software. The software will read the source disc then prompt you to switch it with your blank media.

I have a 2 CD system and still do it this way. I don't trust IDE and burning on the fly to produce the best copies.

Apr 1, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #15 of 15
Um, you don't have to copy on the fly just because the source and destination are in seperate drives. It'll just mean you don't have to switch discs out. Unless, of course, your burner is MUCH faster than your normal drive, in which case it'd make sense to swap them out.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back