Cool product find!
Mar 26, 2006 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 14
Sorry, but I am in the process of editing and revising the TEAC GF-290. You know that Tivoli Audio Henry Kloss Model One AM/FM radio costs $120 USD just for very good FM and very poor AM radio, right? So, this TEAC GF-290 costs a few bucks more, but you'll get an direct belt driven analog vinyl 33 1/3, 45, 78 RPM turntable with replaceable styli, AM/FM tuner with an analog dial, an analog tape player, and a modern Red Book CD player with two 2.5" stereo speakers plus one pair of single ended RCA output jacks and a 3.5mm headphone output jack. Plus, the retro style is just friggin awesome. Man, am I glad I can't sleep or what?
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:14 AM Post #5 of 14
I didn't mean that it was too expensive, I meant that it was too cheap
biggrin.gif
, with those features this thing should be much more expensive, *sigh* if only I had the cash
frown.gif
, I'm replacing my computer.

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:20 AM Post #7 of 14
I did not mean to offend you, but I hear what you are saying about the price and quality issues. The MSRP is $200 USD. I kind of stumbled onto this product while I was doing more research about AM/FM tuners. Go read the Amazon web page and customer review. I will try to dig up more information when it becomes available. Right now, I am saving up for a very very expensive Ayre CX-7E CD player, but I may save up for this purchase too. Technically speaking, it doesn't have any new cutting edge technologies, but it does have a combination of proven ones and cool retro styling to boot. I am glad that I found it. Imagine man what kind of conversation starter this thing would be at Head-Fi meetings and parties!

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:23 AM Post #8 of 14
No offense taken, I bookmarked it so once I'm done with my computer I'll be purchasing it
smily_headphones1.gif
. A cool find, no doubt.

Edit: I just realised for the price of my blasted comp, I could buy this, those baby orphs I wanted, plus a new amp, curse you W.O.W..

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:35 AM Post #10 of 14
This TEAC could introduce me to analog vinyl. Probably not as good as a dedicated audiophile turntable, but a start. The AM/FM radio, tape cassette player, and CD player are just gravy. Cool. TEAC has other similiar products in their consumer electronics webpages: http://www.teac.com/consumer_electronics/index.html . They have some pretty cool stuff including their cost no object reference TEAC ESOTERIC products.

Mar 26, 2006 at 10:51 AM Post #12 of 14
Welly Wu: I'm surprised you've only just discovered that kind of Teac stuff - at least over here, that crap has been available for quite a while already. I do wonder why Teac would offer such low quality stuff, though - it fits much better to brands like Elta (and you may also find some striking similarity to their 1237, which is available for ~ 99 Euro over here: http://www.elta.de/de/produkte.asp?p...lassic%20Line).

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Mar 27, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #14 of 14
A friend of mine got the Sharper Image version of this... the turntable was total junk. I wouldn't play a Goodwill beater on it.

See ya
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back