Cool Parts Alert
Sep 24, 2002 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

erix

500+ Head-Fier
My friend Steve runs his Small Bear Electronics from his home in Brooklyn. Hi primary focus is on people who build guitar effects but every once in a while he gets something that we can use...

I use his 'pre-bonded hook-up wire' exclusively. It is stranded 22ga that has been soldered through. It's flexible and stiff at the same time making it easy to route around things. I strip the insulation off and use it as traces on the bottom of my boards when the component leads don't quite reach. Because it is pre-soldered, all you have to do is apply a dab o' heat to it and you have instant connection. Plugs into dip sockets really well too (can you say SOIC adapter?).

The other thing he just got is pad-per-hole boards custom made for him. They are FR4, with plated through holes. He has three different sizes in both single and double sided. These things kick the snot out of Rat Shack pad-per-hole phenolic boards and are about the same price. Screw Vectorboards!

If you like the Hammond aluminum boxes he has a few sizes of those as well as a less-expensive version from Eagle.

Steve is always open to requests - see something you need/want? Just ask!

ok,
erix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back