Cool HeadRoom/CanJam ad in August '08 Stereophile
Jul 17, 2008 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
[size=large]Cool HeadRoom/CanJam ad in August '08 Stereophile
[/size]

Thought I would copy it for those who don't or can't get Stereophile:

"SPEAKERS AT CANJAM"

Once a year headphone geeks the world over pack up their gear and make their annual pilgrimage to CanJam (AKA 'HeadFest' and 'Head-Fi National Meet'). At this year's convention in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, we decided to give headphone enthusiasts a chance to listen to our new speaker monitor-based HeadRoom Audiophile Desktop System and for us to hear what they had to say.

<picture of Tyll from CanJam '08 showing off their speakers w/ stands>

"...everyone should order a HeadRoom audiophile desktop now. Don't think about it, just go do it now." - jjhatfield

"...what really floated my boat and would work better for me in my desktop setting was the bi-amped Harbeth speakers. Wow, dreamy." - Voltron

"The audiophile desktop system is wonderful. That's all. If I had to spend all day in front of a computer, I'd be figuring out how to get this. It's sort of the perfect form and function combo for audiophiles... I loved it." - boomana

It was really a treat to usher audiophiles and headphone fanatics alike into the sweet spot and watch their jaws drop as they exclaim, "I had no idea!". Pristine articulation, deep, spacious imaging, and huge sound is something most listeners have simply never experienced in a small desktop environment. If you would like to attend next year's CanJam, check out Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - Powered by vBulletin and look for CanJam 2009.

If you can't wait to get a killer system for your desktop, give us a call or visit our website for more information about how to get great sounding music off your computer and right between your ears.

Jul 17, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #5 of 14
facepalm2sn8.jpg

Jul 18, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #7 of 14
Just so Asr's description of the add can be complete, here's the photo used in the add.

96651837.jpg

Tyll had asked me a while back if he could use it, I had no idea that it was going to end up in Stereophile. Pretty freakin' cool.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #9 of 14
I find that article interesting on the theory of matching phones with amps but hard to follow. And, I wish the examples had utilized higher end headphones.

Jul 27, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #12 of 14
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kudos.

You make it happen, I can't either help promote or gain value from something that isn't there.

Thanks Mike and Florida crew and all you folks that have helped grow this community.

Jul 27, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kudos.

You make it happen, I can't either help promote or gain value from something that isn't there.

Thanks Mike and Florida crew and all you folks that have helped grow this community.

Mike who? I didn't see anyone with the name Mike in the ad.
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #14 of 14
Hey Tyll, I'm going to go out and buy one of them computing things just so I can get me one of your hifi dealies.
Hi to the gang, please.
Love you guys. No one better in the biz (in any other biz for that matter.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back