Cool Edit Pro won't play through headphones
Oct 31, 2009 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hatz87

New Head-Fier
I have these piece of crap creative fatality "gaming" headphones.

It has an issue where if you plug it in and you already have an app open that emits sound, it will not play through the headphones until you close and reopen the app.

That's a problem in and of itself, but this one is worse. No matter what, music won't play inside of Cool Edit Pro (music editor). When I plug in my usb headphones, i can still hear the music played on my laptop speakers but everything else comes through the headphones.

So besides these headphones being a joke, anyone know the problem?

Oct 31, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatz87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have these piece of crap creative fatality "gaming" headphones.

It has an issue where if you plug it in and you already have an app open that emits sound, it will not play through the headphones until you close and reopen the app.

That's a problem in and of itself, but this one is worse. No matter what, music won't play inside of Cool Edit Pro (music editor). When I plug in my usb headphones, i can still hear the music played on my laptop speakers but everything else comes through the headphones.

So besides these headphones being a joke, anyone know the problem?

Get new headphones

[size=xx-small]or set the default sound device to the headphones....[/size]

Oct 31, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get new headphones

No.

Quote:

[size=xx-small]or set the default sound device to the headphones....[/size]

It is.

Oct 31, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #4 of 8
Why not? You know they are rubbish and now they don't even work. I've seen people come up with excuses a lot worse than that to buy a new pair of headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

There should be a setting in the program for which sound driver to use, you might have to find the whazicaldheadset's driver there.

EDIT: Or of course you can get a different sound program.

EDIT 2: Looks like you've been having plenty of problems with that headset. I'd highly recommend looking into some ATH-AD700s and a separate mic. I have part of some headset I found at a thrift store for 50c attached to mine with a hair tie. Works like a charm.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #7 of 8
This question may be in wrong venue.
CoolEdit Pro has been working fine for years, until Windows 7.
Now it will not play music thru my speakers.
All other sound devices work properly.
ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Dec 3, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #8 of 8
uh... We're not the CoolEdit Pro support forum.

I suggest you go to a computer support forum or similar.

No one here is going to know anything special to help you.. other than specifying the correct sound device, which has already been discussed.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back