Cool Edit (Pro) help for track splitting pls.
Apr 28, 2004 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

marios_mar

Headphoneus Supremus
I recorded with Cool Edit Pro two wav files (each side one wav file) normalized it and now I want to just seperate the wav into seperate wavs (each track a new smaller wav). How do I do this with Cool Edit Pro 1.2?

Apr 29, 2004 at 1:46 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks - I tried that and it works!

Apr 29, 2004 at 5:50 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

or with cool edit:

thanks grinch but this method I already know. And it is a drag. I was seeking for some more expert advice for an easier and faster way to do that with markers and then automatical split of the wave into smaller ones. I think that there IS some way like the one I wan and thats why I am asking.

thanks though

Apr 29, 2004 at 2:12 PM Post #6 of 7
I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and it is very easy to split a wav into multiple wavs:

1. Place the cursor at the beginning of the file at 0:00.000 (usually with Home button). Go to View->Show Cue List (or Alt+8) and press Add.
2. Place the cursor where you want to cut the file (for example between track 1 and 2) and press Add in the Cue List again. Repeat this step until you cue all your songs.
3. Don't forget to cue also the end of the file.
4. Go to Cue List and select all cues by clicking on the first, holding down Shift and clicking on the last. Press Merge.
5. Now you have your ranges (songs). Select them all again (click, shift+click) and press Batch.
6. Click on Save to files. Enter the filename prefix (I usually put track.). Select Windows PCM (*.wav) or other format if you want Cool Edit to directly compress the files. Press OK.

That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back