converted aureon space to prodigy--> noise when scrolling
Jul 4, 2004 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zedril

New Head-Fier
Hi, im just new to the forum and i really enjoyed my time reading all the informative posts around here
smily_headphones1.gif

anyway, after reading about the aureon to prodigy conversion, just yesterday i converted my aureon space to prodigy.
the flashing went okay and also the driver installation, everything went so smooth and i want to start enjoying my "new" prodigy. but then i realized something really annoying
frown.gif
when i scroll with the mouse or open up a menu or something like that, there's this humming coming from the speakers. this doesn't happen when i used aureon's driver.

I have put the card to the farthest pci slot, disabled any sound sources except wave (although when i disable wave the humming still audible). this noise is really annoying. the prodigy drivers and control panel are so much better than aureon's, i really want to use them but i cant stand the annoying noise.

have anyone have similar problem? any suggestion/solution?

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2004 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 5
When I flashed my Chaintech to the Prodigy I actually had problems as well. For me it was basically horrible static whenever I tried anything with ASIO or Kernal Streaming. It actually started doing it during waveout and during games as well. Today I got tired of it and decided to go buy a new soundcard on my lunch. No one had the back up for the chaintech so I couldn't flash it back. I know there's a backup out there for the Aureon so if no one else can help you then you always have the option of flashing back.

Jul 5, 2004 at 11:30 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean
I know there's a backup out there for the Aureon so if no one else can help you then you always have the option of flashing back.

yeah, i could do that..unfortunately terratec's drivers really horrible. the most unpleasant thing is when i plays dvd, after the a movie or two, powerDVD or WinDVD had a lock-up. i have to restart the system to regain dvd playback capability. this only happens when im using terratec's drivers
mad.gif

Jul 6, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #5 of 5
i've reinstalled the driver and the noise seems to b reduced a little but its still audible and very annoying.
any other suggestion guys? any idea is very appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back