Control FreQ - Thoughts?
Jul 12, 2008 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

SuMMerS618

New Head-Fier
My old Shures just died and i was looking for a new pair of IEM's for around $100.

I was interested by the Control FreQ's when i noticed they were a custom fit and around my price range (I know impressions and such will cost extra)

I have little experience with Custom tips, and i cannot imagine something that is hard being more comfortable than a soft tip in your ear, even if it is custom, but from what i have gathered, they are better in almost every way.

Well, anyway i was wondering how these compare to other headphones in this price catergory. From what i have gathered the Westone UM1's are about the best for this range, but could the Control FreQ's be better now?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Jul 12, 2008 at 8:27 AM Post #3 of 13
The price for their triple driver is so good that most people would bypass their single driver and go straight for the triple or atleast the dual driver.

I myself was thinking about it for a long time but ear impression costs here are just a ripoff so I stuck with my future sonics.

Jul 12, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 13
i understand that the others are much better deals, unfortunately i don't have that kind of budget.

Also impressions here are only like $20, so its gonna be like $130 freqs vs $120 UM1s. (both including shipping)

Jul 12, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by navmau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The price for their triple driver is so good that most people would bypass their single driver and go straight for the triple or atleast the dual driver.

I myself was thinking about it for a long time but ear impression costs here are just a ripoff so I stuck with my future sonics.

Agreed. I had single drive, dual driver, and 3 different triple drivers. I recommend at least getting a dual driver IEM
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #7 of 13
Someone on the FreQ thread just got some ControlFreqs. I think the first page has been updated with pics and impressions, but if not, it was really recent, so you should only have to look through the last 10-20 pages. Just open each thread page and use ctrl+f to find the word control. Should find it quickly that way.

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #8 of 13
I couldn't find experiences about the Control. Those are the only ones I could buy with my budget + $50 for impressions.

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #12 of 13
Sorry, I was thinking of the FreqofNature(dual driver music lover line). People keep considering the ControlFreq, but then decide to spend a little extra $$ and get more drivers.

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #13 of 13
Hayduke, the control+f method would take ages, just go to "search this thread" and type in "control" and hit search.

Also, yeah solid customs are way more comfortable than universals. I used to have fit problems, and have to wiggle frequently, and remove them every 20mins or so and put them back in. I could wear my Livewires all day if i didnt need to speak to anyone and remove them, seriously.

Now, sensaphonics/ACS silicone customs, wow they would be soooo warm and comfortable in the ear
smily_headphones1.gif

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back