Contacting Larocco ?
Mar 4, 2006 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

chrisbbb

Head-Fier
Anybody know what's happened to Larry at Larocco? He has been good at replying to emails, but for the last five days nothing, and his Larocco auto-confirmation "we have received your email and will reply within 24 hrs" isnt coming back either.

Mar 5, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 16
Well I contacted Larry about a month and a half ago. Got an answer in about 3-4 days. Don't know what's going on. I guess he's really busy. Maybe he's working on the ISA Diablo? Or maybe some other reason why he's busy?
confused.gif

Mar 5, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbbb
Anybody know what's happened to Larry at Larocco? He has been good at replying to emails, but for the last five days nothing, and his Larocco auto-confirmation "we have received your email and will reply within 24 hrs" isnt coming back either.

I received an answer from Larry two days ago
and for now, auto-confirmation mail is coming back promptly.
he seems to be very busy packing up my huge PRII order
biggrin.gif

Kidding
rolleyes.gif

Mar 5, 2006 at 7:47 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbbb

I'm guessing that if you aren't getting the acknowledgement back it means your e-mail didn't make it to him. E-Mail is not 100% certain to get to the adressee, even if addressed properly. I'd resend personally.

Mar 5, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #5 of 16
Back on the weekends? I sent my PR II in to be repaired (some amps like mine in the Christmas sale batch had defective buffers) Feb.22, and has yet to be shipped back to me. So he's had the amp almost 10 days. When I told him I was sending it back for repair, he told me it would be fixed in a "jiffy". Not for nothing, but I would expect a brand new amp that was sent out defective would be given some priority. I really didn't mind the long wait after I purchased the PR II(5 weeks) but now having to contemplate another long waiting period is downright insulting.

Mar 5, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
I'm guessing that if you aren't getting the acknowledgement back it means your e-mail didn't make it to him. E-Mail is not 100% certain to get to the adressee, even if addressed properly. I'd resend personally.

That's my guess, too. I'm still getting the automated "email received" email. As for the delays, I think Larry is swamped with work on the Pocket References even though that's not an excuse for the long waiting times.

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7
Back on the weekends? I sent my PR II in to be repaired (some amps like mine in the Christmas sale batch had defective buffers) Feb.22, and has yet to be shipped back to me. So he's had the amp almost 10 days. When I told him I was sending it back for repair, he told me it would be fixed in a "jiffy". Not for nothing, but I would expect a brand new amp that was sent out defective would be given some priority. I really didn't mind the long wait after I purchased the PR II(5 weeks) but now having to contemplate another long waiting period is downright insulting.

That's not good news!
eek.gif
Should I be worried? I am interested in purchasing a PRII. Maybe I'll have to look else where for a quality amp?
confused.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsportline43
That's not good news!
eek.gif
Should I be worried? I am interested in purchasing a PRII. Maybe I'll have to look else where for a quality amp?
confused.gif

No, that was only for the "Christmas" batch. Newer units should be free from the defective buffers.

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
It took about 3 months for me to get my PRII...

Yikes!!!
eek.gif
Did Larry let you know it would take three months before you paid for it?

Mar 6, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
I knew it might be a bit but not near that long...

I see...

Mar 6, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #13 of 16
I have always found Larry to be quick to respond. I wouldn't worry so much - he has always been very prompt in dealing with issues that I have had.

Mar 6, 2006 at 11:47 AM Post #14 of 16
Sorry about this, had an email screwup and missed the Larocco auto-acknowledgements to my resends, as well as Larry's early and full reply to my question. Larry definitely came through for me.
Chris

Mar 6, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7

I sent an e-mail to Larry early this afternoon "subtly" hinting that I was slightly peeved about my amp taking so long. About 4 hours later I received 2 responses that pretty much answered my question. One was a click-n-ship notification that the amp was being shipped back to me today, and the other was a message from Larry saying basically he's been out of town since the amp got there 10 or 11 days ago until today. Sometimes it's easy for me to forget in my impatience that this isn't an actual company I'm dealing with here, but pretty much a one-man operation...Kind of makes me wish that this hobby was a lot more mainstream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back