Considering buying HD 25 1-ll's Need advice!
Jan 7, 2012 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Reanimation

New Head-Fier
I recently bought the HD 428's, they were good, but a little to big for my preference. I read many positive reviews on the HD 25's and I was wondering if they are a good upgrade. If so, these 428's are going back to Best Buy.
dt880smile.png

This is what I need-
-Sound Isolation
-Noise Canceling
-Good for Rock, Alternative, House, Drum & Bass, Hip Hop, and Metal.
-Portability.
-Decent looks ( planning on getting the adidas version)
-Durability
Sources are my computer and my Zune HD+ FiiO E6.

Lastly, can someone verify this is a legitimate seller and a good deal? (better safe than sorry) http://www.razordogdeals.com/collections/frontpage/products/sennheiser-hd-25-1-ii-originals-adidas-dj-headphones

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #3 of 10
HD-25 fits everything you need and $200 is about right for the price for it. You should be set.

+1 fits everything you want so go for it.

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 10
I think the HD-25 would suit your requirements; you may not even need the E6. Of course my main advice to anyone who is thinking about dropping a large wedge of cash on headphones is: try before you buy.  

Fortunately the HD-25’s are a very easy ‘phones to get hold of.  Just walk into any DJ store, you know the type that sell turntables and lighting equipment, and ask to try a set. They usually have a pair of well used HD25’s hanging on nail behind the counter, and I’m sure, providing store isn’t too busy, they'll let you play with them for 15 minutes or so.

They may even cut you good deal on a new pair. So take your MP3 player with you and good luck.

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #5 of 10
They're alright with what they do. For house, d'n'b and hiphop, I believe i.e. the TMA-1 are more often suggested in the same price range, as they supposedly have more bass. However, I think they're good all-rounders that can handle even EDM pretty well. Just don't expect that lower bass rumble when listening to dirty drum'n'bass..

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #6 of 10
OP -

They absolutely meet or exceed every requirement you listed; and they're exceptional in other aspects too.

Don't hesitate to get a pair (and don't let their size mislead you - they sound much bigger and fuller than they look!).

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 10
lol the adidas version however costs a good amount more and i believe the sq is exact same as the normal. Also i second the post about how they sound bigger than they look. When i first got mine they were way smaller than the pics make them look. Sound great though.

Jan 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #9 of 10
Go for it. Just traveled with them. After using them for an hour and taking them off, the sound of the engine of the plane sounded unbearably loud.

I really don't care for closed headphones but these serve their purpose well.

Jan 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #10 of 10
You cant go wrong with the HD-25's. Clamp force is a bit strong, but you'll get used to it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back