Cons and Pros to the Audio Technica 700 PRO MKII
Jul 18, 2011 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ineedmorebase

500+ Head-Fier
Considering these as my second pair. Already have some Monster MDT's, how do they compare? cons and pros? thanks a lot :3

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 8
Jul 18, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 8
Texture?

Like soft like pudding or like tapioca?

Are you going to eat your cans?

Read some reviews, they are an upgrade to the M50's and not totally worth it due to build quality. Go for a Ultrasone if you want bass.

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Texture?

Like soft like pudding or like tapioca?

Are you going to eat your cans?

Read some reviews, they are an upgrade to the M50's and not totally worth it due to build quality. Go for a Ultrasone if you want bass.

I disagree at the price point around $150. Ultrasone (580 I assume you mean) can not touch the Pro700 MK2 in terms of bass quantity. I feel like the OP is somewhat like me, willing to sacrifice a little bit of clarity for that huge bass. I find the build quality to be superb, just like the M50. The build quality problem was with the original Pro700, but has been fixed in the MK2. You can't find much more bass at that price point, it even beats out the Denon D1100 in terms of quantity. It has been referred to as an XB500 with better overall SQ. The one and only issue is the stock pads, which can be switched out with M50 pads and then they're perfect for comfort.

Unless you were referring to the Ultrasone Pro 900. Now that is some high quality/quantity bass.

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
I disagree at the price point around $150. Ultrasone (580 I assume you mean) can not touch the Pro700 MK2 in terms of bass quantity. I feel like the OP is somewhat like me, willing to sacrifice a little bit of clarity for that huge bass. I find the build quality to be superb, just like the M50. The build quality problem was with the original Pro700, but has been fixed in the MK2. You can't find much more bass at that price point, it even beats out the Denon D1100 in terms of quantity. It has been referred to as an XB500 with better overall SQ. The one and only issue is the stock pads, which can be switched out with M50 pads and then they're perfect for comfort.

Unless you were referring to the Ultrasone Pro 900. Now that is some high quality/quantity bass.

Yeah the 900 are nice

I didn't know the difference of the MK2, but now I do. 

But I'd rather have clarity over bass. But look at me talking, my bass heavy headphones are my knock off thunderpants that I balanced and made more forward

Jul 18, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:

Pro 900 is double price, even on ebay!!! btw, are the MK2's cups like you put in your whole ear in side it? i like those, like the bose quietcomfort 15 , the fit is great the sound not good enough for me, its my dads, but yeah the isolation is great, but hows the comfort?

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #8 of 8
Another vote for the Pro700 MK2 if your main concern is bass. The Ultrasones are only the better option when you're looking for detail within the lower frequencies along with an overall sharp and clear sound.

Review in my sig if you have any doubts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back