Connecting a Dac to an Amp question
Sep 7, 2009 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Puro

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am slightly confused on a simple matter, what is the best way to connect a Dac to an Amp? I am assuming Coaxial from the Dac, to RCA on an amp? Or have I got this completly wrong?

I have been looking at the Ibasso D10 as a Dac and either a Graham Slee Solo as the amp, or Musical Fidelity X-CANV8P for use with my desktop Pc. Im assuming I connect from the Coaxial on the D10 to the RCAs.

I hope someone can help me out here,
Cheers.

Sep 7, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 7
I was wondering the same thing. But if the mini aux in/out is used to connect the D10 to the amp than how do I connect my iPod or computer to the D10 If I normally use the mini aux in/out for that?

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 7
@Puro: Yes as simple as that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering the same thing. But if the mini aux in/out is used to connect the D10 to the amp than how do I connect my iPod or computer to the D10 If I normally use the mini aux in/out for that?

For the ipod you'll need to use the internal D10 amp section by connecting your ipod to the D10 aux in/out using a line-out dock. You can connect the D10 via usb to your pc and use the mini->rca method to your desired amp.

Hope that helps
smile.gif

Sep 8, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks once again for the replies,

Quote:

For the ipod you'll need to use the internal D10 amp section by connecting your ipod to the D10 aux in/out using a line-out dock. You can connect the D10 via usb to your pc and use the mini->rca method to your desired amp.

This has thrown me a little. What would happen in this situation...

Ipod + Lod (as source) > D10 > Desired Amp

The Ipod + Lod is your source. How does the Ipod connect to the Ibasso D10, if the Ibasso D10 is connected to Desired amp via the Aux In/Out port using a mini Rca to the amp?

I am assuming you ignore the D10 completely in this situation, as the Ipod is the Dac in this case? I am guessing you will need a cable that connects from Ipods Lod to Rca?

Cheers,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back