Conklin Dairy Farm horror
Jun 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

IPodPJ

MOT: Bellatone Audio
Caution: Incomplete customer orders

These people deserve the same treatment they inflict upon the cows.

Read story and then scroll down to watch video.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/26/conklin-dairy-farms-video_n_589826.html

This sickening treatment of animals is nothing new, and if you'd like to be enlightened I suggest you watch this documentary called Earthlings:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6361872964130308142#

It really makes one wonder how long humanity will last, and if we even deserve to be here in the first place.

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 38

Quote:
Each cruelty to animals count he faces has a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail and a $750 fine.

This has gotta be a joke! So this worker faces a MAXIMUM of 3 years in jail and $9000 in fine for his 12 counts.

As a comparison, if you're caught in possession of marijuana (once) :

Quote:
The penalty for possession of marijuana as a misdemeanor can result in a maximum of one year in jail and a $2,000 fine. The Department of Public Safety also suspends the drivers' license of persons convicted of this offense for up to 90 days. The possession of marijuana as a felony can result in a penalty of a prison sentence of one year and a day to ten years and a maximum fine of $5,000.

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #5 of 38

Quote:
No thanks on the video, just reading the description makes me feel sick.

There's a video of animals skinned alive for fur on PETA's site. I wish I had never watched it. Call me a wuss but I had tears in my eyes from watching it : skinned animal thrown in a pile still alive to die a slow death. How can any human being do this? Those animals do feel pain. This video is probably the most horrific thing I have ever seen.

Give me a gun and I would not hesitate one second to shoot the guys performing such acts of torture right between the eyes.

The sad thing is in certain places of the world, human beings are treated like those animals are.

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #6 of 38
The farm claimed they knew nothing about this and won't stand for it, yet on the video during times 1:26 - 1:29 it shows the owner, Gary Conklin kicking a cow in the neck repeatedly.  So one of the employees gets jailed but the farm isn't immediately shut down?  There were several people at the very least involved in this.  They all deserve crowbars across their skulls.

I already buy 95% of my food from Trader Joes and Whole Foods since they don't use hydrogenated oils, but I haven't always purchased organic food.  Lately I've been buying a lot more organic food but after seeing this I will buy only organic food and try to get as much food from local, free range farms as I can.  Humanity needs to get back in touch with an agrarian way of life.  Factory farms will be the end of us.

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #7 of 38
Updates:

http://www.myfox28columbus.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wtte_vid_4534.shtml

http://www.woio.com/global/story.asp?s=12544284

What the hell is wrong with this paragraph:

In court Thursday, Gregg spoke on his own behalf, saying he is a disabled veteran of the U.S. Army after serving for six years. He asked to be released so that he wouldn’t miss any of the law enforcement training classes he’s been attending and to take care of his dogs at home.

The guy wants to go home and TAKE CARE OF HIS ANIMALS, and be in LAW ENFORCEMENT?????  Are you freakin' kidding me????????

Jun 2, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #8 of 38

Quote:
In court Thursday, Gregg spoke on his own behalf, saying he is a disabled veteran of the U.S. Army after serving for six years. He asked to be released so that he wouldn’t miss any of the law enforcement training classes he’s been attending and to take care of his dogs at home.

This guy belongs in a mental institution not in law enforcement.

Jun 2, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #10 of 38
They should put that guy in a cage with a bull, the sick son of a bitch. That was just awful.

Jun 2, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #11 of 38

Quote:
Give me a gun and I would not hesitate one second to shoot the guys performing such acts of torture right between the eyes.

rolleyes.gif
enjoy being even worse than them?

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #12 of 38
I like the message at the end of the video "Ditch Cruelty, ditch dairy"... Or not.
This has nothing to do with dairy products, it's just a sad excuse of someone cruelly treating his cattle.
If that guy only had dogs, maybe he would treat them the same as his cows, is it a reason to say "ditch cruelty, ditch pets"?
It's taking two loosely connected things and making an false correlation between them just to appeal to our sensitivity.
I really dislike this strategy.

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #13 of 38
The people perpetrating such crimes on helpless animals deserve to be punished for their actions. The deeply depressing thing is they'll probably get off lightly and have the opportunity to do the same thing again and again.

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #15 of 38
Except that he's hitting a cow, which cannot be held equal to another human being. I'm pretty sure I've killed ants for nothing, should I be squished. Anyway the punishment for mistreating /torturing animal is already defined.

Quote:
These people should be killed, or at least be punished with the same treatment. An eye for an eye, I say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back