CONFUUUUSEDD !!! NEED A PORTABLE RIG , portable
Nov 5, 2016 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

liyzag1

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

i own the roxanne 1 and the ak240 but i dont like taking the ak240 to the gym and the gym is where i use the roaxnnes the most, 5 times a week

therefore portablity is extremely important to me, the smaller it is , the better it is as it has to fit in my pocket while using the treadmill , lifting weights , stationary cycling , etc

so ive been using the ipod nano and fiio alpen e17 with the roxanne 1.

but now there are so many portable players in the market and also i wanted to get the chord mojo. 

Can someone please recommend to me a portable souirce and dac/amp to use with the roxanne 1. 

i had alok at the x1 2nd gen , fiio m3 , ak jr , etc etc but there are so many of them 

which PORTABLE source will pair well with the mojo and roxanne 1 ??

you can even give suggestion without mojo but i like my sound to be extremely loud. 

Also ill be getting the moon audio silver dragon v2 for the roxanne 1. so what should the amplifier termination be in order to fit into the chord mojo ??

Thanks a ton in advance.

Nov 5, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #7 of 23

this big is ok, it looks like its jus slightly thicker than the alpen e17 but as tall

add the mojo wit the ipod nano, am ok with that but i dont want the nano ,

i want something better with or without mojo

but i like extremely high volumes so the mojo with be a good addition with the roxannes1 .

can any1 make suggestions ??

raxanne 1 with silver dragon v2 cable , mojo and WHICH SOURCE PLAYER ??

thanks !!

Nov 5, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #8 of 23
Well the mojo is a DAC, you just need to send a digital signal to it so that's why I said I'd use a phone if it were me. You gain nothing with a different source except maybe a better UI or buttons that are easier to press to switch tracks and stuff.

If you must have something else you need to find a player that will interface with a usb DAC and not all of them will.

Nov 5, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #9 of 23

but my phone is the j7 2016 ,

that fone with the mojo will be bouncing up and down in my pockets throughout !!

if i can use my fone , can i even use fiio m3 or x1 2nd gen ??

since i will not gain anything by using another player instead of a fone , is using a fiio x1 2nd gen or m3 the same as a fone as these are really small portable players ?

Nov 5, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #10 of 23

but my phone is the j7 2016 ,

that fone with the mojo will be bouncing up and down in my pockets throughout !!

if i can use my fone , can i even use fiio m3 or x1 2nd gen ??

since i will not gain anything by using another player instead of a fone , is using a fiio x1 2nd gen or m3 the same as a fone as these are really small portable players ?

​The fiio players might work, I'm not sure myself, you might want to ask in the mojo thread or the fiio x1/m3 threads. SOmeone can probably help you in there.

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #14 of 23
Well, the Shanling outputs digital signal through USB, like a computer. The M1 is the only DAP that I know with this feature in that price range.

The Oppo HA-2 is another great dac/amp and it's a bit cheaper than the Mojo.

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #15 of 23
Well, the Shanling outputs digital signal through USB, like a computer. The M1 is the only DAP that I know with this feature in that price range.

The Oppo HA-2 is another great dac/amp and it's a bit cheaper than the Mojo.

mojo is smaller, portability is imp !

how do 1 n mojo wit roxanne 1 sound ?? with silver dragon v2 cable !

thanks a ton !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back