Confused Which Headphone To Get
Oct 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #16 of 24
That's what I heard. Thanks Billson.

Could anyone comment on how good it sounds? I like the sound on my Bose AE2's and I have used the Audio Technica ATH-M50 and the Sony MDR-1R, which were also good. But how is the M100 compared to either of these headphones? Are they better? Is the sound well balanced?

Thanks.

I currently own a pair of M-100's and I have been very satisfied by my purchase. I love the "in your face" bass and overall sound of the headphones, as I listen to a lot of EDM and hip hop/rap. However, I think they do very well for other genres as well, such as alternative, jazz, and rock.

The only issue you may encounter is the comfort, which many users have run into. V-Moda did recently release their XL pads, but make sure you have no comfort issues before investing in a pair of the pads, as they may change the "V" shaped sound signature.

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #17 of 24
They have a very V-Shape sound to it. Powerful bass is it's strong point
smily_headphones1.gif
if you wish the ATH-M50 offer more bass then the M100 is for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #19 of 24
I currently own a pair of M-100's and I have been very satisfied by my purchase. I love the "in your face" bass and overall sound of the headphones, as I listen to a lot of EDM and hip hop/rap. However, I think they do very well for other genres as well, such as alternative, jazz, and rock.

The only issue you may encounter is the comfort, which many users have run into. V-Moda did recently release their XL pads, but make sure you have no comfort issues before investing in a pair of the pads, as they may change the "V" shaped sound signature.

Eh from the posts in the M-100 discussion thread I wouldn't like the SQ and because I bought the M-100 because of the V curve ...defeats the purpose of paying $300 to begin with.

I Use these for my all -purpose headphones and they sound great with everything so far ( I don't listen to classical ) since I don't have enough money to just throw at headphones at my choosing :)

Oct 17, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #22 of 24
Never had a problem getting a seal with the K550. If anything, it creates a vaccum type effect on my ears. I wear glasses too. Not sure about the hinges, these things seem very durable. I made some comments about a broken Yamaha 500 in the Yamaha thread. It was actually more comfortable. Tried my wife's Momentum again. Very nice-sounding, very balanced. But it just doesn't have the clarity of excitement of my Yamaha(nor does it get beyond a tepid volume level with the Sansa clip). I wouldn't say it beats the Yamaha in anything. Too bad there aren't more people on here who have experience with these Yamaha phones. I might be the only person on head-fi who has made a post confirming that they've heard the 400s. There's a lot of bias against them because they look like Beats. Initially I listened to the Yamaha display demo because I thought I'd get a laugh at it. I figured they would be overpriced junk. Instead, I was very impressed with what they did. Much moreso than I was with the HD800, T1, Abyss, SR-009, Mad Dogs, and LCD-3 I heard at a recent meet. I just expected a lot less from the Yamaha and a lot more from the expensive stuff that's popular on here and other audiophile sites. There isn't much I would change with the Yamaha aside from giving it clarity on par with the SR-009 and a slightly bigger soundstage. But it's not like I thought that Stax clarity was all that intoxicating to listen to. I think the source recordings could use a lot more fixing than the headphones.

Nov 28, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #23 of 24
There was a deal for the AKG K550's here in Canada for $150 and I missed them! But I might be picking up Logitech UE 6000's for CAD$ 69.97. I think they have the best money-to-quality ratio for a good pair of cans.

What do you guys and gals think?

Nov 30, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #24 of 24
So I ended up getting the Logitech UE6000's finally due to a great deal. Im enjoying the sound quality and they have a good build quality IMHO.

The only issue is I use these with my Android devices and the cable that comes with it (Volume control and Multi Use Button, the volume controls only work with Apple devices. Does anyone know if we can get such a detachable (male-to-male) cable with volume controls that work with Android devices? Is such a product available on the after market?

PS: Im not a big fan of apps that you can install on your device to customize the centre button only to do all functions. I would like to get a dedicated cable.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back